The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I'm tired of fans blindly supporting Green.

He has a losing record.

He has never won anything.

Our pp is awful.

Gaudette and Virtanen's development has completely stalled and they have fallen off a cliff after getting 36 and 33 pts last year, they are now at 2 and 1.

He has no passion or toughness.

He picks on players like mac and missed an opportunity to play him in a game where he lifted the entire team with a big fight in the first period.

I want Green removed and if I have  to wait until the offseason fine.  But I do not want him coaching the team next year.  Please. Lord.

Let's start next year with a new coach with a winning NHL track record who can instill confidence in a talented group of young players.

Green is .250 winning record in Feb

Dubois is a better player than Laine.

Slightly behind in offensive stats but does everything else much better.

Physical force.  Doesn't disappear in the playoffs.

Has the potential to play center and be a replacement for Wheeler when age catches up to him.

Too bad the Canucks wasted their opportunity with some defensive gaffes... Holtby had a good game too... no real chance on the goals.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Miller has been inconsistent. But honestly I don't know who else we have to put on that line. Miller brings a strength/grit element Petey & Brock need IMO. When he's on he wins battles for that line.

Hoglander is has grit but is small. And Pearson just isn't dynamic enough.

I think Podkolzin would fit that mould, then they could bump Miller down to Horvats line. Too bad Pod isn't coming in time.

Virtanen?

:bigblush:

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Miller has been inconsistent. But honestly I don't know who else we have to put on that line. Miller brings a strength/grit element Petey & Brock need IMO. When he's on he wins battles for that line.

Hoglander is has grit but is small. And Pearson just isn't dynamic enough.

I think Podkolzin would fit that mould, then they could bump Miller down to Horvats line. Too bad Pod isn't coming in time.

Forget about this season  its a write off. Benning should start taking calls for Gaudette and Virtanen who have a combined 3 goals for the season. Also trade Edler and other expiring contracts.

2 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

maybe in 2 , 3 years from now??  lol

Could be as early as next year. My hope is he proves himself by the end of this year. We’ve all seen how lights out he can be. If that happens, season accomplished. Make the proper changes in the off-season 

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Moral victories don't exist for this team anymore. They expired at least a couple of weeks ago. Nothing but straight up losses now unless they win 2 points.

Edited by 1-d

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

When he's playing.

He barely played at all in the 3rd. Around 12 minutes after 2 periods. Ended the game with 13:27

Just not trusted enough as a difference maker at this point. Part of it is quickness for sure.

I think they are bringing him along pretty well so far. He's fine in this role for now, and really he's a long term bet IMO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Yup and we give those minutes to Schmidt so he can score on our own net :) 

It was going in without him after watching the replay.

Still If we keep overplaying these guys mistakes are gonna rise.

Season's too condense to be be doing this.