The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Regardless of the outcome of the season I’m more optimistic today then I was after our playoff run. The emergence of hogs, OJ and the Boeser snap back have convinced me that better days are ahead. We will also get Pods and a very good Draft pick added to the mix going forward. I was entertained by this game, the effort was good. I’m totally content. 

Just now, Roberts said:

the forced plays are really getting annoying. Looking at miller, the top line especially

Right?! Keep the plays simple, get in front of the goalie, and fire it on net... I don't know who they are trying to fool out there other than themselves.

They are not asserting themselves. It's the total opposite. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Thanks Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The entire bench after that Schmidt goal 

that was gunna go in either way, schmidt was trying to get it out and hit it in accidently, the WPG players stick was already going towards schmidts stick before it went in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It was going in without him after watching the replay.

Still If we keep overplaying these guys mistakes are gonna rise.

Season's too condense to be be doing this.

The offensive turnover is still Schmidt's fault and his back check isn't good enough or strong enough ...

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi

Anyone ready for the post game press conference bullshyt bingo??

Heres the key words.

- Tip your hat

- Good effort

- Played well just didnt get rewarded

- Close game happy with the teams effort.

- Keep playing like that good things will happen

- Trending in the right direction (uhhhh the losing direction??)

- Just one of those games

- Good team over there.

I must say we are fabulous at losing, were getting really really good at being a giant bunch of losing losers. Nice

to see the losing ways are settling in so that all hopes for this season are dead. 

RIP this season.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Forget about this season  its a write off. Benning should start taking calls for Gaudette and Virtanen who have a combined 3 goals for the season. Also trade Edler and other expiring contracts.

I think Benning has done that. And I agree be should be doing that.

I doubt Edler is waiving. I think they should be working on a 1 year deal for next season. 

Explore the market on Gaud, Jake, Sutter & Pearson. 

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

That has to be a joke. I don't care about analytics. Schmidt has scored against our own net more times than on the other (4 to 2 if we're counting). His own goal tonight also starts with a terrible play at the offensive blue line by him, and a terrible back check. He's lazy, has a terrible first pass, and incredibly low IQ. He's been exactly the opposite of what he was in Vegas and what was announced he would be for us this year. 

I'd much rather give the hard assignments to Olli. He's been our steadiest dman all year alongside Myers. 

Well i am glad your not our GM then. i can only think of 3 "own goals" 2 of them have went off of him while trying to box out his man 1 of them is a $&!# one i'll give you that but sometimes that happens  please show me examples of a terrible back check by him cuz i sure as hell haven't seen one your just trying blow smoke up everyone's ass, His psses have been fine this whole team can't make a pass to save their life so if he has a "bad" one which there has been a couple but so far into between where it doens't matter. doesnt help our whole teams defensive structure is easily the worst in the league. Schimdt as been fine for us this year and is looking   better and better each game 

Just now, MikeyD said:

Macewan slowly earning his ice time back. We got 6 minutes and 9 seconds tonight! Whooooo! If he keeps it up hell be up to 6 minutes and 15 seconds yeah baby!!!! 

That shift with him and Virtanen was great to see.

I dont think I saw Virtanen in at all after that one. Strange really.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Miller has been inconsistent. But honestly I don't know who else we have to put on that line. Miller brings a strength/grit element Petey & Brock need IMO. When he's on he wins battles for that line.

Hoglander is has grit but is small. And Pearson just isn't dynamic enough.

I think Podkolzin would fit that mould, then they could bump Miller down to Horvats line. Too bad Pod isn't coming in time.

I dont mind Miller with Petey.  They work together. Its Boeser on that right side who weakens the unit.  I lose track of how many turnovers he makes each game due to how soft he is physically.  Hoglander is small but plays bigger than all our top 6 so its irrelevant.  

They need to try Mackewan on Peteys right wing.  The guy can skate and has decent hands.  Give him a shot.

• Upvote 1