The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

And yet Miller has 16 points in 18 games... good enough for top 30 in the league. Pettersson is 2 pts behind.  Are you discounting the value of their assists? You know their lotto linemate Brock has 12 goals, second most in the league? Does that happen without 40 and 9?

Granted they haven't been as dominant as last year. But they're not the disaster you're suggesting they are. A big game or two from them and they'll be back on track. And I would say it's more a matter of the third and fourth lines needing to 'step up big time' with secondary scoring than it is for Petey and Mills.

10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Assists are nice, but... I'm looking at overall play. Miller hasn't put in 100%, especially defensively, and Pettersson looks like a rookie out there this year. Lots of giveaways and gaffs, no confidence in his one-timer. I really like Pettersson and Miller, but I'm not going to sugar coat it. If they had raised their game to last year's level, they might be in a playoff spot right now. Look at what McDavid and Draisaitl are doing for EDM, 2nd in the division right now. Canucks need GOALS from these guys.

10 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Still think you're barking up the wrong tree. I already mentioned their offensive contribution. And the Nucks are already one of the top scoring teams in the league. Would more goals help? Yeah. But their dismal GA stat suggests overall team defence is the main problem.

Well, I hope tonight's game illustrated my points. A pretty good night from both Petey and Miller. They're climbing up the scoring race. But the team still lost. They are not the problem. And them scoring doesn't solve it.

again - as Sutter pointed out in the presser - some giveaways fed into Wpg's quick transition game - otherwise they played a solid game.

"moral victories don't count".

• Hydration 3
1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Club needs a few 24 packs of Lucky with a  couple of bags of ice in the dressing room and just chill out and have a few laughs.....  

pull a murray

Demko should just play regardless of the result and the staff should just stop playing mind games with him cause he seems to do better when he knows he is the guy as proven by his amateur record & last years playoffs..

After today's performance Holtby should be riding that bench until Demko needs a break

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

that was gunna go in either way, schmidt was trying to get it out and hit it in accidently, the WPG players stick was already going towards schmidts stick before it went in.

It’s funny is just happened to be Schmidt. He has been a human blooper reel this year 

3 minutes ago, TheFly said:

Jake plays when Green gives up on all other options. Then we win. Then Jake sits again.

Jake Mac and Beag had 2 really good shifts where they the Jets hemmed in and in trouble.. the Green decided to not play them anymore.

• Thanks 3
  • Hydration 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Benning, Fire green and you can coach. We lose, whatever. At least we know we will see OJ and Mac actually play when they show they clearly can.

Travis Green has done an excellent job of developing the young talent on this team from his Utica days till now. Who are we to judge his deployment of young players. Hogs is getting ice time, let’s just let the man do his job. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

It’s funny is just happened to be Schmidt. He has been a human blooper reel this year 

our whole team is bloopering for #1 this year.

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, b3. said:

Travis Green and Willie Desjardins have killed that guy with their little man syndromes.

Jake has made some mistakes, but coaching has not helped.

Jake has killed himself by being complacent & not taking his opportunities seriously.

So tired of blaming others for Jake.

Horvat started on the 4th line playing limited minutes, dedicated himself, & worked his way up. Never once did he come to camp out of shape.

Brock, Petey, Quinn same thing - never took it for granted.

Even Gaudette & MacEwen pushed the issue & earned their spot.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Just now, EddieVedder said:

I dont mind Miller with Petey.  They work together. Its Boeser on that right side who weakens the unit.  I lose track of how many turnovers he makes each game due to how soft he is physically.  Hoglander is small but plays bigger than all our top 6 so its irrelevant.  

They need to try Mackewan on Peteys right wing.  The guy can skate and has decent hands.  Give him a shot.

horrible takes tonight man.  Big mac on the wing, sounds real great.  yeah,

..but lets ignore the ppg winger who is leading the team in scoring and top 5 goalscoring in the NHL.  And hes done this with EP having a tough time most nights. And miller making horrible plays a lot of games.  Hes the only one on that line so far that is doing what he is supposed to be doing night in and night out.

canuckstop10.JPG

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We lost our spark in the 2nd that's where we needed adjustments. 

Let the 4th line generate energy. 

Rather than shortening the bench.

coaches suck not much  else  to say 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1