The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

I think some of you confuse the term supporter with something else, Petey scores 2 but he still sucks apparently. "Oh, we shouldn't pay this guy more than this and this :rolleyes:"  Long time lurker content with not posting for years but this endless bitching is becoming a tad much. Get over yourselves, he's not having the best start this year but you act like the season is over already. It's not for the lack of trying, like someone said he's hit a LOT of posts this year, had a third of those gone in you would still complain surely but perhaps not as frequently.

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We lost our spark in the 2nd that's where we needed adjustments. 

Let the 4th line generate energy. 

Rather than shortening the bench.

Yeah shortening the bench only leads to gaffes from high & low minutes players due to fatigue & less engaged players.  Good teams like Vegas and Tampa regardless of the games seems to employ a balance approach when it comes to deployment cause it forces all the players to be engage through out the whole game...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Well i am glad your not our GM then. i can only think of 3 "own goals" 2 of them have went off of him while trying to box out his man 1 of them is a $&!# one i'll give you that but sometimes that happens  please show me examples of a terrible back check by him cuz i sure as hell haven't seen one your just trying blow smoke up everyone's ass, His psses have been fine this whole team can't make a pass to save their life so if he has a "bad" one which there has been a couple but so far into between where it doens't matter. doesnt help our whole teams defensive structure is easily the worst in the league. Schimdt as been fine for us this year and is looking   better and better each game 

The bolded is proof of who is really trying to blow smoke up people's behind. Schmidt scored on our own net tonight, did so against Calgary 3 games ago (which would have been the game winner had we not pushed it to OT in the last minute), and then had 2 goals go off of him. I could also do some digging and find out how many missed assignments he's had while floating in front of Holtby and Demko, pretending to attempt to block a shot. Schmidt has had the most boneheaded plays, and has spent more time looking in the sky in disbelief after a play than actually providing anything positive to the team. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Jake has killed himself by being complacent & not taking his opportunities seriously.

So tired of blaming others for Jake.

Horvat started on the 4th line playing limited minutes, dedicated himself, & worked his way up. Never once did he come to camp out of shape.

Brock, Petey, Quinn same thing - never took it for granted.

Even Gaudette & MacEwen pushed the issue & earned their spot.

your incorrect  coach is garbage with his roster   killed all value have gaudette have  hell 4line was on point til green shortens bench hes so mickey mouse  cant wait til hes not renewed 

9 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Benning, Fire green and you can coach. We lose, whatever. At least we know we will see OJ and Mac actually play when they show they clearly can.

All the Benning haters will laugh at this, and rightly so...

But in truth, Jimbo was a very good player in his day, the best out of our entire management and coaching staff in fact. He probably could do it.

I have been a Green supporter, and during the playoffs it looked like he was going to be a longterm fixture here, but it’s time for a coaching change across the board.

Very sad to have to now transition my attention to the 2021 draft class, but it looks like we’ll have an important pick to make at this year’s event.

Edited by nergish

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We lost our spark in the 2nd that's where we needed adjustments. 

Let the 4th line generate energy. 

Rather than shortening the bench.

No. He didn't shorten the bench enough!!!! One line, sixty minutes! 

Winning teams play their goalies 60 minutes but only Green is brave enough to slowly edge his way to applying that same tactic to his forwards. He's a true visionary and we should all revel in his decision making. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IMO he's as good of a skater as Edler.

Also there's no reason why he can't take away some of these PK minutes. Remember he played 8:46 minutes of the PK vs the Habs that one game Edler got hurt and he wasn't scored on at all that game.

Edler 3:49 on PK today.

Myers 3:27 on PK today.

OJ not even a second on the PK and it was considered a strength from all reports on him.

Yeah I agree. The times he's played PK he's looked good. I think it's just the tendancy of a coach to go to the guys he trusts when he needs points.

Once it's (even more) clear this season is done I'm just Juolevi will play more.

I think Edler has better lateral quickness, but speedwise it's probably not a big difference