The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Travis Green has done an excellent job of developing the young talent on this team from his Utica days till now. Who are we to judge his deployment of young players. Hogs is getting ice time, let’s just let the man do his job. 

I'm pretty sure you aren't serious, IF you are... Its only been jake. And hes went from top pick to bottom 6 just there kind of guy under green. The rest he has not had to develop lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The bolded is proof of who is really trying to blow smoke up people's behind. Schmidt scored on our own net tonight, did so against Calgary 3 games ago (which would have been the game winner had we not pushed it to OT in the last minute), and then had 2 goals go off of him. I could also do some digging and find out how many missed assignments he's had while floating in front of Holtby and Demko, pretending to attempt to block a shot. Schmidt has had the most boneheaded plays, and has spent more time looking in the sky in disbelief after a play than actually providing anything positive to the team. 

So tonight's "own" goal was already practally in the net where schimdt is at a weird angle trying to fish it out, not many dman are going to have a different result i'll give you the own against calgary  that one was bad, but to be fair that $&!# happens and not the first time to the canucks almost 10 years ago the same play happened to hammuis, this $&!# happens sometimes please do some diging where he has missed assigments so bad where it causes a goal. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

MacEwan played a great 6 minutes tonight, better than the ice time he was given. His ice time reminds me of Goldolbin when he played here . 

And wolverine is not a good name for Hoglander. 

Scott Rintoul is a weird dude.

8 minutes ago, b3. said:

Travis Green and Willie Desjardins have killed that guy with their little man syndromes.

Jake has made some mistakes, but coaching has not helped.

You're right.  And it's no mystery why guys rebound after being traded.  The coach says welcome to the team show me what you can do.  And what happened in the past doesn't matter. That is what creates the conditions for a rebirth.

Vs. here where our no talent bum of a coach destroys the confidence of Virt Gaud Mac because he doesn't know what he is doing. Then rubs it in with a look or a comment or a benching over and over until they are afraid of their own shadows.  Green is a terrible coach who has never won anything. I predict that JB stops backing him publicly cuz the writing is all over the wall now.

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Comments on the comments:

-  Those who are calling for Edler to be dumped... who are you going to replacement him with?  Fact is, he is taking the tough minutes and playing well.

-  Re. Virtanen:  He is a simple guy to coach... he is a hitter who has extraordinary wheels and a decent shot.  What you do is take him off the leash.  Tell him to do what Roussel does and don't dump on him when he takes penalties.  For Virtanen, the only important things to remember are:  "When you don't have the puck, HIT" ... "When you have the puck, drive to the net".  Put that in his ear, 24 hours a day.   Virtanen's performance lack is a coaching problem.

Could you imagine if JV had the leash Roussell has?

• Vintage 1