The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Apparently they need the first goal every night.  If scored on first they may as well forfeit.

They play like they forfeit. My buddy was saying in the second that it took them a good 10 minutes to remember the game wasn't over.

He called a 1-0 game in the second because they both looked so bad. He is an Arizona fan too.

• Cheers 1

Just now, AbrasiveAjax said:

Hi, hey is there still an injury thread on cdc? Cant seem to find one

I'm curios about Bailey,  Motte, Hamonic injuries and status?

Thanks in advance 

Go Canucks go 

Bailey and Motte long term. Pretty sure Hamonic is available 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Assists are nice, but... I'm looking at overall play. Miller hasn't put in 100%, especially defensively, and Pettersson looks like a rookie out there this year. Lots of giveaways and gaffs, no confidence in his one-timer. I really like Pettersson and Miller, but I'm not going to sugar coat it. If they had raised their game to last year's level, they might be in a playoff spot right now. Look at what McDavid and Draisaitl are doing for EDM, 2nd in the division right now. Canucks need GOALS from these guys.

People seem to overlook the fact that Miller had COVID at the beginning of the season. That means he had no 'training camp' and his body was weakened while fighting off the virus. Cut him some slack.  He may even be a long hauler, we don't know!  While the team played piss poor at the start of the season they're beginning to gel and play better hockey. I would be very concerned if they were still playing the same as they did against MTL every night but it appears that they've finally turned the corner.

As for Petterson, his compete level has been in over drive since game 1.  He may have needed a few games to shake off some rust but he has been a key part of this teams success lately.  His impact on the outcome of games isn't just in the G/A category. He is constantly hustling back to force a turnover or battling in the corner for a loose puck.  That is a really great aspect of Pettersons game. He does it all. Forecheck, backcheck, throwing hits. If everyone on the team played with the same drive and determination as Petterson we'd be virtually unbeatable.  

37 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Crawford's teams also couldn't get it done in the playoffs (although getting ECHL quality goaltending didn't help).  I prefer winning and teams with bad D don't win when it matters.  Tighten up and get some Ws.

Hey we all know it's was goaltending and lack of secondary scoring that made the WCE limp...just like pumping tires and Sedins couldn't take enough jabs and butt ends to win with "preserve the zero zero tie " AV memes.   Point i was trying to make - if we are going to lose - it's nice that we don't score 150 goals per year and let in 300 ... now at least it's leveling off a little right? 

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hey we all know it's was goaltending and lack of secondary scoring that made the WCE limp...just like pumping tires and Sedins couldn't take enough jabs and butt ends to win with "preserve the zero zero tie " AV memes.   Point i was trying to make - if we are going to lose - it's nice that we don't score 150 goals per year and let in 300 ... now at least it's leveling off a little right? 

Early in the year, it legitimately looked like a bunch of random guys met at a YMCA and decided to join the NHL. We actually look like a team now, and if we played like this all year, we would be in a much better place to make the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I've seen more aggression and animosity at a kid's Easter Egg hunt. 

The big Amish guy losing his marbles did seem to wake them up. Let’s not forget the NHL rules for instigating and second fights in the last 5 minutes of the game. I guess we’ll see tonight.

Just now, 4petesake said:

The big Amish guy losing his marbles did seem to wake them up. Let’s not forget the NHL rules for instigating and second fights in the last 5 minutes of the game. I guess we’ll see tonight.

We will see. Not sure who we have that would step-up and challenge Fartbot but I have a weird gut feeling it could be Sutter of all people.  He is a quiet leader and was first into the fray the other night.  Would live to see Bo send a message but don't expect it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Cant force a player (despite any physical attributes) to do something that is not natural to him cause it will only lead to a bad outcome;

JV used to be known for his thundering checks back in the minors. He has the ability.  He's just lazy, or maybe fears retaliation.  I dunno. I  wasn't suggesting Virtanen try to take on the roll of enforcer, in fact I said the exact opposite. Guys like Edler, Myers, and Benn can all throw a heavy hit and need to do so tonight. . I singled out Virt as the only forward we have capable of delivering a punishing check and I stand by it.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

JV used to be known for his thundering checks back in the minors. He has the ability.  He's just lazy, or maybe fears retaliation.  I dunno. I  wasn't suggesting Virtanen try to take on the roll of enforcer, in fact I said the exact opposite. Guys like Edler, Myers, and Benn can all throw a heavy hit and need to do so tonight. . I singled out Virt as the only forward we have capable of delivering a punishing check and I stand by it.

Wasn't calling you out, just making a statement that the team as a whole has to built this reputation of being a pitbull when one of them is being targeted and that starts from the staff to the leaders of the locker room and down; right now we have Bo & Edler who are from the previous regime ways of thinking - gentleman's hockey (imo).

JV can be that person but unlike the minors the NHL is full of players that nastier and stronger...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

23 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I sincerely doubt those comments from a players mom is why he hasn’t played. Spiteful with young players, what a load 

I normally agree with you but I don’t think Green is forgiving to young guys. Do you prefer Louie Ericksson and Antoine Rousel in the line up over MacEwan, Bailey and Virtanen ? Do veterans in the bottom 6 get a free ride on this team ?