The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Oh they're down there somewhere just no one is looking for them :lol:

Sure they are.   I mean what 20 year old big hopeful guy wouldn't take a few punches for that salary... so you'd think...thing is the best of the AHL bunch are Gallants age now ... disappearing dinosaurs 

Edited by IBatch

38 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

They sound very Sedin-like in their approach.   Would rather see a Jonathan toewes responsE.   The difference is between a mindset that seems to accept losing and one that refuses to accept it. 

Toews response these days - is not accepting that his last pay-day and Kane's didn't completely handicap their chances of winning a cup again.   What were his comments last year when a rebuild was mentioned again?   Most grade 3 kids learn arithmetic to figure that they wouldn't have a chance of competing again until they were in their mid-30's,  with part of the next core.   If he was all about winning he'd have taken a lot less money - and made sure Kane did too. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Sure they are.   I mean what 20 year old big hopeful guy wouldn't take a few punches for that salary... so your think...thing is the best of the AHL bunch are Gallants age now ... disappearing dinosaurs 

Yes they're disappearing, but their not obsolete yet, you give a goon a chance at the NHL now a days and he'll do whatever you tell him, I'm literally picturing a Gino type that's what this team really needs, they don't need Roussel.

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Toews response these days - is not accepting that his last pay-day and Kane's didn't completely handicap their chances of winning a cup again.   What were his comments last year when a rebuild was mentioned again?   Most grade 3 kids learn arithmetic to figure that they wouldn't have a chance of competing again until they were in their mid-30's,  with part of the next core.   If he was all about winning he'd have taken a lot less money - and made sure Kane did too. 

Significantly different circumstances 10 years ago.  I liked the open emotion and hunger he showed. We have tried the passive, calm approach. Perhaps it is time to try some anger and frustration?

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Sure they are.   I mean what 20 year old big hopeful guy wouldn't take a few punches for that salary... so you'd think...thing is the best of the AHL bunch are Gallants age now ... disappearing dinosaurs 

Craig Cox I swear must have an iron jaw.  Ate a TON of punches from Probert in his prime...yet you see him now in interviews, and he *seem* fine.  Cox went by the style of fighting of banging his head against the other guys fists to wear him down.:lol:

Holtby and MacEwen in?  Eriksson out?

I know Hellebuyck is in net for WPG, but I have a feeling the Canucks find the back of the net tonight. Total coincidence, but I find that when I criticize certain players, they end up having a good next game, proving me wrong. If this coincidental trend continues, big game coming up for Pettersson and Miller. 

8 minutes ago, rychicken said:

why not?

Because he is Foundational lol. We didn’t trade Linden or Naslund away until their careers were nearing a close. Boeser is a good player with good character and will be a big piece of a future winning Canucks team. Is he or would he be less important than a top pairing d-man? You keep assets.

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I think the Canucks should really consider adding a goon to this team, this team already takes enough penalties so that part wouldn't hurt them, he can play in the bottom 6 they're not relied on to score points to carry this team and if he's not that good defensively he can just be benched in the 3rd, perfect fit and gives the young guys the protection they need especially if this franchise is going to rely on smaller players for skill going forward. 

In this cap era, it's not practical to pay for a goon and to have him take up a spot on the roster. Better to have a monster who can play, like Tryamkin, and be the deterrent we need. He can be molded to be more aggressive when necessary. And if he isn't, threaten to send him to Siberia!