The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, yes we can nucks said:

In this cap era, it's not practical to pay for a goon and to have him take up a spot on the roster. Better to have a monster who can play, like Tryamkin, and be the deterrent we need. He can be molded to be more aggressive when necessary. And if he isn't, threaten to send him to Siberia!

Actually it is very practical when your team is relying on smaller skilled players for the future, you need to protect those assets as much as you can. Tryamkin isn't coming back to the Canucks anyways but he wouldn't be that goon I'm looking for anyways. 

8 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Actually it is very practical when your team is relying on smaller skilled players for the future, you need to protect those assets as much as you can. Tryamkin isn't coming back to the Canucks anyways but he wouldn't be that goon I'm looking for anyways. 

I would still like to have a Dman that big and mobile over a smaller dman instead tho. At the end of the day you won’t see him getting run over much by the turtle man for instance. He will probably be rag dolling him instead. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canucksince99 said:

I would still like to have a Dman that big and mobile over a smaller dman instead tho. At the end of the day you won’t see him getting run over much by the turtle man for instance. He will probably be rag dolling him instead. 

Yeah they should of resigned Luke Scheen to 1M instead of going and getting Benn for 2M

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

He was actually a perfect fit for Hughes, I've never seen a player literally attack anyone who touched Hughes since Gino used to do that for Bure back in the day.

Gino didn't have to though.  Bure took matters into his own hands when somebody tried to go after him.

Granted, anybody would get tough when having Gino backup you up.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Gino didn't have to though.  Bure took matters into his own hands when somebody tried to go after him.

Granted, anybody would get tough when having Gino backup you up.

Gino still had to protect, but Bure also wasn't afraid to do things like this eventually players snap. Look at Pettersson this year he two handed slashed a guy in the chest out of frustration, but does that mean he doesn't need protection now... No.