The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I get letting the first 2 cross checks go but that third one should be a penalty every damn time, these refs need to be punished considering everything now is about “player safety”

League has more than proven it’s about retroactive player safety, not proactive player safety sadly. 

Will this make us look awful? Not really? Sweep under the rug. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I get letting the first 2 cross checks go but that third one should be a penalty every damn time, these refs need to be punished considering everything now is about “player safety”

I can't help thinking if thats Myers, he's getting a 1 game suspension. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Gonna be a serious challenge.

They Canucks need to be tight, quick, speedy, and HÄÄÄÄRD to play against.

Defence first. First and foremost.

There is not reason Demko or Holtby should lose the types of games they lost again on a regular basis.

Defense first. That is what won the night against Calgary.

For the most part I thought the reffing was good and I didn’t mind the cross checks being let go, Forbot was hit in the head with an elbow that was missed but the predatory attack at the end of the game should have resulted in a PP for us and a 10 minutes + Game for Forbot, now it’s just going to spill into tomorrow’s game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Feb. 15/21 - same refs

12 penalties assessed

(including 2 crosschecks....one to Myers  - no pictures)

Feb. 8 -  6 penalties, including THIS crosschecking penalty (called by the same ref as last night).  Eleven days apart.

image.png

So this ref calls this a crosscheck ^ but not these?"

https://imgur.com/pVRts3L

Same ref/s.   Hoglander looks at the ref (who is right there) and shrugs as he gets up.

Why does the same ref do things so glaringly different on a game by game basis?  Please explain to me.  Their job is to enforce the rules, not select when to apply them.

One is a matter of clearing the crease and more leniency is often applied then....the other is a retaliation deal and involves 1, 2, 3 strikes.  Should be out.

So how are we to make sense of this?  I'm getting excuses, name calling and generalizations but nothing to convince me.  Enlighten me then.  Why is this ref calling some penalties and a night or two later not calling them?  And how is it fair then?

(Disclaimer: I exercise my God given right as a woman to NOT be over it despite claiming to be so.  "I'm fine/nothing's the matter").

Homers unite:

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/iwtg-shoddy-officiating-mars-a-hard-fought-game-between-the-canucks-and-jets-3443868

I was not calling you out, just theorizing

I have seen some sorry examples of officiating, especially where TyMy is concerned

I was singing the "Love Tap " song (to the tune of B-52s Love Shack) when poor little Johnny was getting knocked down by big Mean TyMy last series.

For the most part I am too lazy to track which ref calls what. I juist know if KS is involved things will go bad for us.

The rest of them I cannot tell apart..

So, we have the same crew for 2 series in a row?  that is a little suspect.

SportsNet called out the refs a couple of weeks ago, and for the most part the reffing has been better.

That said, I think Forbort should have received penalties for his cross checks  on Hoggy.

And I think Linesmen should get out of the business ot stopping fights before they start.

Jake basically got tossed for knocking heads with the linesman while rough housing . IMO the linesman should not be involved in that altercation. Jake was not going to throw down with Pionk anyway.

I thiought it was mostly a well reffed game, but it got away from them when they failed to reign in Forbort for his cross checks on Hoglander

every thing that happened after that was the fault of the ref(s)

was it Meier or Markovich or both? I don't know, but it was on one or both of them

Edited by debluvscanucks

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Same, not the best nor the worst coach. But, nowhere near bad enough to incessantly whine about him for 20+ gdt pages every game either. 

Every time someone says fire Green or Benning for the millionth time on CDC after Aqua already said change won’t be made during the season..

Chicago Bulls Confusion GIF by The Ringer

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Every time someone says fire Green or Benning for the millionth time on CDC after Aqua already said change won’t be made during the season..

Chicago Bulls Confusion GIF by The Ringer

Actually he never said that, just said he was happy and no changes would be made but gave no dates, I’m sure if we lost the next 15 in a row he’d change his mind, maybe even sooner.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Actually he never said that, just said he was happy and no changes would be made but gave no dates, I’m sure if we lost the next 15 in a row he’d change his mind, maybe even sooner.

He said he has full confidence with them moving forwards. That’s concrete enough IMO.

4 minutes ago, Pickly said:

He said he has full confidence with them moving forwards. That’s concrete enough IMO.

I'd bet that 50%of all coach firings happen after a vote of confidense.

so there is that.

• Cheers 1