The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

48 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Not until the tank has crossed the finish line please.  This season is now a pre- season for the soft Nucks.

I predicted if Green is fired before game 30 we win the Cup. I think our team has toughness, we just need a coach to unleash it and use it, not punish it.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

We've seen that before for/against the Canucks. The refs first review is to determine puck actually went in net. Possible before whistle. They call it good goal on the ice and then they challenge for goalie interference which wasn't part of the original review. 

Sure but there was no doubt the puck went in the net.  The refs reviewed to determine it was a good goal. They determined it was.  Then the leafs challenged for interference and the league overruled the refs.  The puck was loose and the montreal player poked at it.  That apparently is a good goal   but not if it's against Toronto.  Like I said, even the leaf announcers were confused by the outcome. 

14 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

After this season he absolutely should not. 

Well, if he has a down year, there will be a good arguement, depending on by how much

But Barzal was a low 60 points guy, and  Pettersson is at a 54 point over 82 game rate

and like some one else pointed out, if some of his posts go in.....he is close

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Goes to show how important that 1st goal is. After WPG scored and it was 1-0, I felt the game would end in a loss. I hoped I would be wrong. Their record is so bad when they don't score first. 

Bad is an understatement.  They have  lost all 11  games where they were scored on first. That is abysmal and speaks to a confidence/mentality issue.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I would not give him a long term deal yet............a bridge works for everyone

Personally I like the idea cause his cap hit would be very good once in his prime as oppose to resigning him for more on the next deal. But then again I’m not worried about Petey like others are 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Bad is an understatement.  They have  lost all 11  games where they were scored on first. That is abysmal and speaks to a confidence/mentality issue.

Perhaps it has to do with the biggest knock on Green, that he fails to make good in game adjustments.

7 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Replying to @debluvscanuckssince PGT is now locked.

While I agree there were some blatant missed calls last night (the trip on Miller, I think it was,  prior to the reviewed non-goal being another) I don't believe there is a bias against the Canucks or that teams like Boston and VGK are allowed to get away with stuff that we would not, as you suggest. I think that's your own homer bias at play. The only way to have completely objective officiating would be to have sensors all over every peice of equipment and let AI make the calls. That would probably mean the majority of every game would be played 5 on 4, 4 on 4, or 4 on 3 but it would make it fair and impartial.  As long as there are humans at the helm the officiating will never be perfect, at any level. The refs can only call what they see and what they see is their own interpretation of what happened. You know, like sometimes it looks like a trip at full speed but in slow motion you see a player just lost an edge and fell down, that sort of thing.  AI could make that differentiation but humans will get it wrong 9 times out of 

Due to the amount of money involved in pro sports (wordwide), is why I call them game managers.   Hopefully, the Canucks will just simplify there games during these types of games when the Zebras are not a factor; atleast, we got to see a more familiar type of hockey: were players are allowed to play...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

26 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I would not give him a long term deal yet............a bridge works for everyone

I think 1 of what i will call our Big 3 RFA should get a longer term deal, maybe 2 players. The GM is going to have to stage these contracts seperately so he can have cap space to determine if we sign Bo or Miller term and $ wise over the next 3 years also.

I would give Demko a 5 year deal if he does well till seasons end. Frederik Anderson's deal he signed with TO 5yr 5m per cap hit

Hughes, I would give the longest term deal to, 8 years @ 8.5m per- Chabot deal with a bump 

EP- 3yr 7m per- Barzal deal

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Personally I like the idea cause his cap hit would be very good once in his prime as oppose to resigning him for more on the next deal. But then again I’m not worried about Petey like others are 

The man has given us two years of excitement bringing us to our feet countless times. I have nothing but respect for him. Granted he’s not playing like we have come to expect but he has earned the right to play his way out of this funk. At least from me he has.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, khay said:

But, until he believes in himself more and starts to play with more confidence and assertiveness, it's just that, potential. 

This season, he's somewhat less assertive and less confidence than he was in his first season and second season.

These two statements play against each other. 

"Potential" has been proven....in the first seasons you refer to.

Just because you don't believe in him doesn't mean he doesn't.   All players will have peaks and valleys...McDavid went through a 10 game slump.  Petey'll be just fine.  A few mm's off right now as he's pinging the post.  Those will start going in.

He is quite "assertive" out there.  Not worried.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I get letting the first 2 cross checks go but that third one should be a penalty every damn time, these refs need to be fired considering everything now is about “player safety”

Fixed.  And if the NHL won't do their job and hold those corrupt pieces of garbage accountable, MacEwen needs to ensure Meier never rigs another game.  Enough is enough  There is no excuse for Meier feeling safe walking around the street after he disgraced the sport, his family, and himself with his criminal negligence.  If he's not willing to pay the piper, he should conduct himself appropriately in the future.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

The man has given us two years of excitement bringing us to our feet countless times. I have nothing but respect for him. Granted he’s not playing like we have come to expect but he has earned the right to play his way out of this funk. At least from me he has.

Yep Petey has spoiled us. Great player, great person.

It’s been a weird year.

Yesterday’s game would have been fine result wise if it weren’t for the 6 game losing skid and our team was above water. It was a pretty even game. But people are losing it in every direction even though the team has played well these last handful of games. 

Petey is definitely the least of my worries 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Fixed.  And if the NHL won't do their job and hold those corrupt pieces of garbage accountable, MacEwen needs to ensure Meier never rigs another game.  Enough is enough  There is no excuse for Meier feeling safe walking around the street after he disgraced the sport, his family, and himself with his criminal negligence.  If he's not willing to pay the piper, he should conduct himself appropriately in the future.

Good chance the league, will intervene by over officiating the next game to death and killing any enjoyment out of it; hope I am wrong and they let both teams play...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1