The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

16 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Saying the same same garbage the coach is saying 

when you look at losing 8 of the last 10 games is that trending?

but all will be forgiven if we dress Mac and he challenges FartBert 

but Green:

a) won’t dress Mac

b) will forbid a physical challenge 

My prediction, we come out hitting everything. Winnipeg weathers it and then we stop hitting and the game flips. We don’t challenge FartBert

i hope i am wrong but we have a soft passive coach and team so i am not expecting much 

we also apparently have a captain that really is not leading by example 

Hogs and Hughes are the only leaders and the other plugs can’t even stick up for them  

15 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Saying the same same garbage the coach is saying 

when you look at losing 8 of the last 10 games is that trending?

but all will be forgiven if we dress Mac and he challenges FartBert 

but Green:

a) won’t dress Mac

b) will forbid a physical challenge 

Mac isnt an nhler

Completely false as he lobbied to land physical players such as ferland and hamonic.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Mac isnt an nhler

Completely false as he lobbied to land physical players such as ferland and hamonic.

Mac is more of an nhler than Loui is right now 

JB was the one that tried to build a bigger team. Unfortunately injuries are getting in the way 

Green is soft as can be. Instead if firing up the team he downplays incidents 

• Hydration 1

53 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Mac is more of an nhler than Loui is right now 

JB was the one that tried to build a bigger team. Unfortunately injuries are getting in the way 

Green is soft as can be. Instead if firing up the team he downplays incidents 

In what way? Same amount of pts in twice as many games. 

We're  5-6 with mac in the lineup 

We're 2-2-1 with little things in the lineup

Macewens hits have never really made an impact in a game this year imo. 

Neither of them look like am nhler to me 

• Vintage 2

Why is Le in? He is the most worst less playwr we have. 

Don’t play the guys that will be part of the future instead player players that shouldn’t be in the nhl now that’s great development. 
Ar isn’t far off LE.

looking forward to next season a new GM and new coaches that hopefully don’t favour useless vet plugs that have had 4 years to prove they have any value and haven’t. 

Sure hope Big fella is in.

and not at the expense of virt or gaudette 

Edited by combover
  • Hydration 1

It still burns me that Fordork got away with attacking Hogs with not even a full minute in the penalty box. And we didn't even get a pp! What's to deter a goon from going after Hughes or Petey like that in other games? Even if they escape injury it could intimidate them.

The only recourse I see in the absence of competent officiating is to go back after Fordork ...or one of the Jet stars.

Edit: sorry, brain fart. In the absence of COMPETENT, not weak officiating.

Edited by yes we can nucks
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

It still burns me that Fordork got away with attacking Hogs with not even a full minute in the penalty box. And we didn't even get a pp! What's to deter a goon from going after Hughes or Petey like that in other games? Even if they escape injury it could intimidate them.

The only recourse I see in the absence of competent officiating is to go back after Fordork ...or one of the Jet stars.

Edit: sorry, brain fart. In the absence of COMPETENT, not weak officiating.

The refs will be all over Forbort tonight you watch. They know they let him get away with it last game but tonight will be different. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

The refs will be all over Forbort tonight you watch. They know they let him get away with it last game but tonight will be different. 

I hope you're right cuz if they don't, all hell will break loose. I think we see pushback from the Nucks tonight.

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

My prediction, we come out hitting everything. Winnipeg weathers it and then we stop hitting and the game flips. We don’t challenge FartBert

i hope i am wrong but we have a soft passive coach and team so i am not expecting much 

we also apparently have a captain that really is not leading by example 

Hogs and Hughes are the only leaders and the other plugs can’t even stick up for them  

We literally had a line brawl for hog...

12 hours ago, khay said:

??? Feeding words into my mouth or you didn't read what I said ???

I believe in him. I believe he can be an MVP in this league. I don't know if he does.

I hope he does believe in himself too but he is not playing like he believes that he can be an MVP in this league.  Earlier in the season, he was deferring to QH and Miller far too often. It's been much better the last 5 games though and that's encouraging.

Honestly, I thought he will be an MVP caliber player starting this season especially after that monster playoffs. You are not the only homer of the team and its players, we are all.

Petey's potential to be a 1st line player was proven in his first ever NHL game (against the Flames of all opponents). The potential that I'm alluding to is the potential to be the top 5 player in the league whereas the potential you are alluding to is something lower perhaps, like NHL regular?

He still needs to prove that he can be an MVP caliber player. He has the potential, he needs to believe in himself and play like he believes. 

Look no further than the way QH is playing. Now, that's a confident guy who believes that he should've won the Calder last season and plays like the Norris caliber player who wants to lead the league in scoring. Obviously, he is sometimes overzealous but I love the fact that QH is playing with so much confidence and swagger to attack and challenge the opposition.

Why the double standard?   This is you feeding words into Petey's mouth:  "But, until he believes in himself" and "he needs to believe in himself and play like he believes".  

So if people can't speak on behalf of what you believe, you should follow that same rule.

I'm not hung up on if he's "a top 5 player in the league" or bragging rights.  I'm concerned with his ability to help this team and do good things...the rest is just gravy.  Petey needs to prove nothing....your focus being there is more your insecurity than his.  

Petey needs to help his team...and he does.  If you don't see that you may be watching for flash and brilliance but sometimes the subtle plays contribute too.  Watch closely.

Petey's lack of "confidence/swagger" is ok with me because it's likely reflective of the fact that he is struggling to score...but it's probably not creating it as you think.  I don't believe if he struts in there like he's the best that will fix anything.  I like his approach, which is examining his game and finding ways to be more creative and mobile.  Image isn't everything...but preparation and constantly striving to improve is.   Petey's current lack of belief as you interpret it is likely more a display of his serious nature and knowing that he needs to find the back of the net.  He might be overthinking it a bit...but he's aware of that and is working on it.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Yep Petey has spoiled us. Great player, great person.

It’s been a weird year.

Yesterday’s game would have been fine result wise if it weren’t for the 6 game losing skid and our team was above water. It was a pretty even game. But people are losing it in every direction even though the team has played well these last handful of games. 

Petey is definitely the least of my worries 

Couldn't agree more. The team played well last game and it could have gone either way. We had a ton of chances but didn't get the bounces.  And Petterson has been a dominant force all season.  Anyone who sees a problem with his game play needs to lay off the cannabis.  Lol.

• Hydration 2

I wanna see Horvat smack that stupid grin off of Scheifeles face. It won’t happen though. The league is too much like a country club now.

Come on Cap. We had so much hope for a passionate leader following a decade of turning the other cheek. If you can’t stand up for the undersized rookie getting beat down then you should turn in the C. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

24 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

We literally had a line brawl for hog...

What we saw was NOT a line brawl... 0 fights happened just a bunch of scared men jumping and grabbing onto each other. Maybe it is considered a line brawl for european hockey tho!?

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN