The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Artemi Panarin accused of assault, taking leave of absence

Rate this topic

Odd.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I understand there are political differences, but the two are not at all comparable. Talk about being overdramatic.

Yes comrades! We must not speak ill of the name of our Glorious and Handsome Leader, Mr. Trudeau!

spacer.png

On-topic:

I'm definitely inclined to consume several grains of salt with this story. I'm pretty sure if a Russian hockey player was looking for a physical altercation, he'd just go throw hands with a polar bear.

Edited by ImConfused
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I understand there are political differences, but the two are not at all comparable. Talk about being overdramatic.

Its like talking to my dad. Anytime some about us politics comes up he always goes to his old faithful “yeah but trudeau.....” i dont even like trudeau but even i can see he doesn’t deserve as much hate as he gets

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

go ahead, I think you are wrong, but everyone gets an opinion.

I think his opinion is beyond stupid.

@Wayne Glensky If you hate it under Trudeau so much, go live somewhere else. Of course, this is in no way saying that your different opinion isn't welcome here. My true point I am trying to make is: you have no idea how good you have it here if you think Trudeau is anywhere near Putin.

Go check out the Latin American countries like Honduras or Mexico, then we talk.

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I think his opinion is beyond stupid.

@Wayne Glensky If you hate it under Trudeau so much, go live somewhere else. Of course, this is in no way saying that your different opinion isn't welcome here. My true point I am trying to make is: you have no idea how good you have it here if you think Trudeau is anywhere near Putin.

Go check out the Latin American countries like Honduras or Mexico, then we talk.

Dude relax. I’m making a joke. 

• Sad 1

As per Elliotte Friedman in his 31 Thoughts: 

1. The Artemi Panarin situation is incredibly challenging for the player, the Rangers and the league. It’s a serious accusation from former NHLer Andrei Nazarov, but his word alone is not going to convince anyone. The Rangers unconditionally backed Panarin. There is, as this is written, no police report, and if one does show up it will be heavily scrutinized.

There’s no feel for how long Panarin might be away, and no desire to pressure him for an answer. His Instagram support for Vladimir Putin rival Alexei Navalny makes him a political target. And undoubtedly, he must be worried about family back in Russia, too. This is bigger than hockey, and the Rangers will be sensitive to that.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-will-2021-nhl-entry-draft-take-place/