The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tories Motion to Declare China's Action Against Uighurs as Genocide Passes 266-0, 72 Abstained (Cowards)

DonLever

14 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Our medical system is propped up by tax dollars, some of the highest in the world. Something like 70% of our taxes go to pay for it. We lose our doctors to other countries and wait lines are the longest in the world. 

Also, if you think Douglas was a good politician, you must be a racist. 

Maybe you could provide some sources to back up these claims. I did some quick research and was unable to.

Case in point:

In order to more precisely estimate the cost of public health care insurance for the average Canadian family in 2018, we must determine how much tax an average family pays to all lev-els of government and the percentage of the family’s total tax bill5 that pays for public health care insurance. In 2017/18, an estimated 23.5% of tax revenues (income) was spent on health care (Statistics Canada, 2018a, 2018d, and 2018e; CIHI, 2017; authors’ calculations).6

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/price-of-public-health-care-insurance-2018.pdf

21 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Our medical system is propped up by tax dollars, some of the highest in the world. Something like 70% of our taxes go to pay for it. We lose our doctors to other countries and wait lines are the longest in the world. 

Also, if you think Douglas was a good politician, you must be a racist

So basically "if you disagree with me you're a racist"? Is that what you're saying?

If you're trying to win an argument, your sentence there is the LAST thing you want to say. lol

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, gurn said:

Oh, another goal post mover.

you said "None of these were created by the politicians."

I said Tommy Douglass, now you want to add stuff that had nothing to do with your statement.?

Just admit you were wrong, take the loss with a bit of grace.

That's like saying Steve Jobs created the iPhone. GTFO, these were all done on the backs of less fortunate people. 

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

So basically "if you disagree with me you're a racist"? Is that what you're saying?

If you're trying to win an argument, your sentence there is the LAST thing you want to say. lol

The point is, he wasn't a good politician. He loved his 'clean people'. Another example of a gross politician .

Just now, GetFocht said:

The point is, he wasn't a good politician. He loved his 'clean people'. Another example of a gross politician .

I don't care if he was a good or bad politician. Throw in the racist card like that and you're worse than the politicians in my mind.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I don't care if he was a good or bad politician. Throw in the racist card like that and you're worse than the politicians in my mind.

He wanted to cleanse the gene pool. That is not a good politician, which is what I have been stating here. They are gross. 

28 minutes ago, gurn said:

Oh, another goal post mover.

you said "None of these were created by the politicians."

I said Tommy Douglass, now you want to add stuff that had nothing to do with your statement.?

Just admit you were wrong, take the loss with a bit of grace.

He didn't create it. He had a hand in it and his goal was to cleanse the gene pool of people less fortunate. A real role model. 

3 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

He wanted to cleanse the gene pool. That is not a good politician, which is what I have been stating here. They are gross. 

Doesn't make it right to slap a label such as racism on someone unrelated. To like or hate a politician doesn't mean you have to agree or disagree with everything they believe in. You can like single ideas from a politician while hating other ideas from that same politician.

I recommend it not being worth defending yourself on this. You've already lost my respect and I'm not going to respond anymore.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, gurn said:

On the plus side, this was a good time to clean up my "ignored poster" list.

figured I was safe taking Ryan Strome off the list, in a 1 for 1 trade.

I miss arguing with him. I do worry he's moved on to Parler. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the majority of what? 

from your comments I can only assume you don't know how our system works or how we've developed the systems we have. 

The majority of people do not like politicians. They are disenfranchised, find them disgusting and vote with their noses in the air or with their eyes closed. 

Strange seeing people defend politicians. 

3 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

The majority of people do not like politicians. They are disenfranchised, find them disgusting and vote with their noses in the air or with their eyes closed. 

Strange seeing people defend politicians. 

most people only pay attention every 4 years. That is not the fault of politicians that people are disengaged. You have a responsibility as a citizen to give a $&!#. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

most people only pay attention every 4 years. That is not the fault of politicians that people are disengaged. You have a responsibility as a citizen to give a $&!#. 

Ya.  If you supported a politician who spent years in the back benches and then moves hundreds of KMs away from your town for years, retires before the next election, then vote for the candidate from the same party, who was endorsed by that previous MP, you get what you voted for.  r/oddlyspecific.

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Ya.  If you supported a politician who spent years in the back benches and then moves hundreds of KMs away from your town for years, retires before the next election, then vote for the candidate from the same party, who was endorsed by that previous MP, you get what you voted for.  r/oddlyspecific.

that is oddly specific.

Its things like demanding more representative government. Or easier voting systems (online, mail in). Or demanding more opportunities for petitions that carry real teeth in forming legislation. 

We lay back like collective sheep, maybe 60% bother to go vote, and then whine that we didn't get what we wanted. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that is oddly specific.

Its things like demanding more representative government. Or easier voting systems (online, mail in). Or demanding more opportunities for petitions that carry real teeth in forming legislation. 

We lay back like collective sheep, maybe 60% bother to go vote, and then whine that we didn't get what we wanted. 

Demanding, that'll work.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that is oddly specific.

Yup.  Gotta love PG

https://vancouversun.com/news/metro/retiring-bc-mp-dick-harris-cashes-in

Retiring B.C. MP Dick Harris cashes in

Low-profile B.C. Conservative MP Dick Harris, who is retiring from politics this autumn with one of the fattest pensions in Parliament, has left taxpayers with a parting bill — the highest expense tally of any MP in the province and the second-highest in Canada. Harris represents the Cariboo-Prince George riding but has lived for several years on a condominium near a golf course about 800 kilometres south of Prince George, in sunny southern B.C.’s Okanagan Valley.

• Cheers 1