DonLever

Tories Motion to Declare China's Action Against Uighurs as Genocide Passes 266-0, 72 Abstained (Cowards)

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

To use an example, HKers are more like South Koreans while mainlanders are more like North Koreans.  I think.  Except for the really rich mainlanders, who want to slather their bodies with a mixture of the most expensive most trendy junk without pausing to look and discern whether or not what they're wearing makes fashion sense of any kind - just to try to demonstrate just how &^@#ing rich they are.  :sadno:

Yes, that is totally true.  

 

Expensive stuff should only accent your overall look.  Like a Burberry purse and matching belt to go add texture and colour to a more bland look or something.  

What I see lots of Mainlanders do.... a Moschino dress, then a Burberry cap, a Hermes scarf, a LV purse and a pair of Gucci boots.... all at the same time.  Sometimes I wish the fashion police is a real thing.  

I love Japanese fashion, especially "gyaru"... but there's a big difference between flashy and trashy.  Lots of rich Mainlanders seem to dress more to the latter.  

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, not a fan of red delicious, not sure why it was number 1 selling apple for 50 years.

Supply would be my guess.. Gnarcore knows his apples though.

 

A couple of mature apple trees came with the house; a Macintosh and a Red Delicious.

One day they'll stop producing and I'll replace the RD with a Gala, and plant a new Mac for my wife to bake amazing things with.

 

No one's mentioned our peaches. Our peaches are the &^@#ing bomb.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've got three synths right now (2 analog Korgs and a Yamaha digital) so I can get the job done, but the Arturia set up is probably my next move.

 

The Motif and Jupiter, etc will happen when the lotto numbers come through. (I'll update my guitar setup then, as well)

Is there any possible way someone like myself could listen to your music ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Not to mention BC's royal gala apples blow away any of the crap coming out of Washington. 

Just bought some of those today, as a matter of fact. Galas are my go-to....

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

Just remember, even though it's 266-0, it really means only 266 out of 338.  That means 72 MP didn't even bother to vote or just didn't want to upset their Sino-overloards constituents.

 

I know my local MP abstained from the vote.  He has been to China often, been apart of those semi-formal diplomatic meetings with the Chinese government, etc.  Active on twitter to preach about human rights, protests in Chile, etc...  but distinctively nothing was mentioned about the HK protest back in 2019.  

 

Something to think about next election.  Does your disagreement with an opposing party trumps your candidate being a CCP shill?  How much influence does the CCP (or RMB money) has on your candidate.  

Fortunately we're not in a 2 party country.  I usually vote NDP but I have no issue voting Green or Liberal if I don't like the local candidate.  Fortunately she didn't abstain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Is there any possible way someone like myself could listen to your music ?

 

Maybe someday brother, but I don't have the recording gear together yet.

 

Working on it....:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, not a fan of red delicious, not sure why it was number 1 selling apple for 50 years.

Branding. Sounds ...delicious...but isn't..    ;)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

To be fair.  I don't care who is in power or who is bringing the motion together.  China HAS to be spoken up against and loudly.  We're all in the g8/g20 enablers allowing them to get away with murder literally 

 

But at no point in time do I think this is anything mroe than a political talking point and it;s kind of disgusting that the subjugation and detention of millions is being used in this instance for this purpose

Hippy you can't be upset at something because of the party that it comes from.  NDP and Liberals would absolutely do the exact same thing, get some talking points going in order to start getting the public opinion in their favour.  

 

There is no good guys out there anymore.  Just different parties who cater to their own demographics, with their political strategists telling them what nationalities to pick for candidates in which ridings, what issues to bring up, etc.  

 

Conservatives have been known over the years to go for low-hanging fruit, so this is no surprise.  Being a fan of a single party is a game for fools, you're bound to be let down unless you're willing to turn a blind eye to everything that they do. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drummer4now said:

A step in the right direction... China has been getting away with too many things. 

 

 

Like bioterrorism and deliberately causing Covid for instance.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Supply would be my guess.. Gnarcore knows his apples though.

 

A couple of mature apple trees came with the house; a Macintosh and a Red Delicious.

One day they'll stop producing and I'll replace the RD with a Gala, and plant a new Mac for my wife to bake amazing things with.

 

No one's mentioned our peaches. Our peaches are the &^@#ing bomb.

 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Just remember, even though it's 266-0, it really means only 266 out of 338.  That means 72 MP didn't even bother to vote or just didn't want to upset their Sino-overloards constituents.

 

I know my local MP abstained from the vote.  He has been to China often, been apart of those semi-formal diplomatic meetings with the Chinese government, etc.  Active on twitter to preach about human rights, protests in Chile, etc...  but distinctively nothing was mentioned about the HK protest back in 2019.  

 

Something to think about next election.  Does your disagreement with an opposing party trumps your candidate being a CCP shill?  How much influence does the CCP (or RMB money) has on your candidate.  

That is a great point.   So we have 72 cowards who refuse to say yes or no.   I will point that out in title of thread.

 

Is there a list of MPs that abstained?  Are they all from one party like the Liberals or were there some Conservatives or NDP that abstained?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just bought some of those today, as a matter of fact. Galas are my go-to....

Ambrosia apples are pretty delicious

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DonLever said:

That is a great point.   So we have 72 cowards who refuse to say yes or no.   I will point that out in title of thread.

 

Is there a list of MPs that abstained?  Are they all from one party like the Liberals or were there some Conservatives or NDP that abstained?

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/votes/43/2/56?view=result

 

Most of the Conservatives, Greens, Bloc, Independents and NDP (minus at least one CCP shill I mentioned above) voted yes.

A large amount of Liberals didn't vote.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hippy you can't be upset at something because of the party that it comes from.  NDP and Liberals would absolutely do the exact same thing, get some talking points going in order to start getting the public opinion in their favour.  

 

There is no good guys out there anymore.  Just different parties who cater to their own demographics, with their political strategists telling them what nationalities to pick for candidates in which ridings, what issues to bring up, etc.  

 

Conservatives have been known over the years to go for low-hanging fruit, so this is no surprise.  Being a fan of a single party is a game for fools, you're bound to be let down unless you're willing to turn a blind eye to everything that they do. 

Yeah, unfortunately. Those who stick with a party are prone to downplay the inadequacies and/or contradictions of the party. Trudeau won very handily against Harper, and while he has done some good things, he has had several very public missteps. Canada probably mishandled the Meng case too in hindsight, even though she's probably associated with some corrupt businessmen/transactions. She's not innocent, that's for sure. And we can see from how China kidnapped two Canadian people with false charges with no due process, they were dirty and resorted to dirty tactics to maintain their cover.

 

I think Trudeau's in a position that nobody wants to be in. He has to appease China for Michael, but at the same time, calling China out for genocides is not only hypocritical, but counterproductive to retrieving those two Michaels.

Edited by Dazzle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dazzle said:



China absolutely needs to be held accountable though. There are lots of reports of mass rapes and other unspeakable things going on in their concentration camps.

I also heard about some unspeakable things going on in their labs in Wuhan.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, luckylager said:

Supply would be my guess.. Gnarcore knows his apples though.

 

A couple of mature apple trees came with the house; a Macintosh and a Red Delicious.

One day they'll stop producing and I'll replace the RD with a Gala, and plant a new Mac for my wife to bake amazing things with.

 

No one's mentioned our peaches. Our peaches are the &^@#ing bomb.

Sexcuse me?  I'd only posted about peaches roughly an hour before you mentioned it...  :P:P:lol:

 

4 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Personally, I'm more partial to our cherries and peaches myself.  I had a bad run-in with apples as a kid...  :sick:

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I also heard about some unspeakable things going on in their labs in Wuhan.    

Please go to HFboards. They would embrace you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DonLever said:

That is a great point.   So we have 72 cowards who refuse to say yes or no.   I will point that out in title of thread.

 

Is there a list of MPs that abstained?  Are they all from one party like the Liberals or were there some Conservatives or NDP that abstained?

Its interesting, you throw that term out pretty easily. It would have been easy to go along with a cheap stunt with no teeth. Instead they are taking their lumps, ever wonder why? 

 

How is this purely political stunt going to help us get Kovrig and Spavor out of jail? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member