The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Bo fan said:

I have no words of inspiration

But I do have a question or 2 - what's the scoop on Miller? Is his family in Van? Is he living with Jordie?  He's not the same player we saw last year.

Wondering if he has personal issues that are affecting his game - then again I guess that isn't  anyones business but his.

As bas as Miller looks, he still seems to be our best forward in regards to creating chances offensively.  This is how bad our team is.  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So you believe Benning just acquired a bunch of horrible defenseman?

Or is it more plausible that the systems and the strategies this coaching staff deploys is the problem.

The fact that Schmidt cant figure out how to play in this teams system makes me think it’s the latter.

I think Schmidt's been pretty good defensively, actually.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Miller was brought in to be a leader w/ a young group, had 1 good year, now is pouting as if he's about to quit on the team.

that's a loaded read.  the assumption that he's "about to quit on the team" is a lot of spin.  anger/frustration etc do not necessarily translate into quit, let alone on his team.

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Works his tail off and gets 2-3 good chances a night. I'd put him up in top 6, personally. Pearson keeps getting a free pass basically doing nothing. Miller could use a demotion after like 20 games of multiple BRUTAL giveaways. 

What concerns me about Miller is the player we are seeing is more or less the player he’s been all but one year.  He was less exposed in Tampa with reduced minutes.  NY Rangers fans/writers wrote lots about his inconsistency and less than smart play. 

So the question is was last year the career year?  I dunno ,  everything seems a tire fire right now so maybe hes getting dragged down with the ship. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think Schmidt's been pretty good defensively, actually.

Most of our D have been pretty good defensively for the most part.

Ive had more issue with our forwards defensive play to be honest.

Green has had all season to figure it out and I don’t see them “trending in the right direction” like he claims.

I see a team that coughs up the puck every time they’re pressured.

Edited by DeNiro

18 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Speaking of time out WTF is Green to call a timeout after 3 goals? Its like hes the biggest passenger 

on the team. They never show his hands because one hand is jammed into his pocket with his 

fingers crossed and the other is putting a thumb up his azz. He. Does. Nothing.

Thats exactly what I was getting at,but having a bit more fun with it.

You should know what to expect. Green is a development coach, it's better for players to develop under a strict no time out rule. They learn more that way, or from the bench for 56mins. Whichever is easiest to do, but sometimes both if it helps them simplify and understand the 200ft game.

But thats a real good team over there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

? The lotto line hasn't been carrying anything,  Neither has Horvat's.

The bottom six have done their job far better than the top 6 this season. 

Greens unwillingness to change the top 6 is probably my biggest 'wtf' with him. That top line is buttery soft. Try Big Mac up there. Try Motte up there. Try anything, really. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So you believe Benning just acquired a bunch of horrible defenseman?

Or is it more plausible that the systems and the strategies this coaching staff deploys is the problem.

The fact that Schmidt cant figure out how to play in this teams system makes me think it’s the latter.

Plus, teams seems to had figured something out about our exit zone strategy.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1