The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

I’ve shared my opinion already - If you’re chomping at the bit to share yours. Have at it - you don’t need my permission.

that I dip my pizza into ketchup?  thanks for sharing.  If I were chomping at the bit it wouldn't be with ketchup on my pizza.

A lot of growing pains this year. I’ll keep my very slim hopes alive this season but I’m ok with another higher draft pick. Be nice to see a good team again live anyway. Gotta have new coaching staff next year minimum. Personally giving JB the benefit of the doubt here, still think the roster is decent enough 

Just watched Green post game.  I guess it just doesn't matter whether we win or lose.  Whether we make the playoffs or not. Whether we ever win a cup or not.  

It is all just kinda sorta doesn't matter.  Aw shucks and gee whiz, It's just for fun and everyone is a nice person.

We are now 8 -13 -2 on the season and 6th place out of 7 teams. But so what?  He is kinda disappointed but not enough to get upset about.   He said nothing to suggest that he was really mad and he said absolutely nothing to suggest that he is frothing at the chance to turn this around.

That is your coach folks.

What do you expect is going to happen?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

that's a loaded read.  the assumption that he's "about to quit on the team" is a lot of spin.  anger/frustration etc do not necessarily translate into quit, let alone on his team.

Fair enough. No doubt he's not happy with the way things are going - seemingly from the offseason till now - but we'll see how it goes. FWIW I don't anticipate him demanding out

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Miller is reminding me far too much of Vrbata,. 

I don't know. Vrbata brought 1 dimension. Miller's still been productive this year & has been good on the PK - not a complete disappearing act like Vrbata.

I just wonder how happy Miller is & how that manifests. He's a leader on this team & the signs haven't been great. 

• Hydration 2
  • Huggy Bear 2
Just now, SNuck said:

How are people still thinking coaching and bottom 6 aren't a problem. 

They are problems to my eyes for sure. The real problem is, the team has a half dozen bigger problems from the owner's suite to the press box. It's chronic, systematic and been the team's downfall year after year.

Just now, oldnews said:

that I dip my pizza into ketchup?  thanks for sharing.  If I were chomping at the bit it wouldn't be with ketchup on my pizza.

So you aren’t going to answer the hockey question...?

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Didn't see the young guys taking selfish momentum-shifting penalties (roussel), lazy rally-killing ones ( myers), or dragging their assessment back to the bench so slow, they gave up annodd man rush (Miller).

I wonder how the young guys will appreciate being the scapegoats for all that.

It’s the last excuse that Green has to hide behind.

If young players are making mistakes that are costing us, then benching them should solve that no?

He doesn’t want to admit that his team has lost faith in his systems. And why wouldn’t they, it’s equaled losses even when executed perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3
1 minute ago, SNuck said:

How are people still thinking coaching and bottom 6 aren't a problem. 

The consistently stupid plays, like sending it back down low in your own zone, under pressure no less, that make me think they're being told to do these things. Ozone is always skate into corner, pass back to point, like 90% of the time. No more creative ozone time to be seen. Ring it around the boards everywhere to a surprised player and by the time he gets control he's fully covered. Its the same every game. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Didn't see the young guys taking selfish momentum-shifting penalties (roussel), lazy rally-killing ones ( myers), or dragging their assessment back to the bench so slow, they gave up annodd man rush (Miller).

I wonder how the young guys will appreciate being the scapegoats for all that.

I would rather have loui than roussel. Those punches to poolparty were cowardly and took the momentum away. 

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Pretty hard to swallow but we really are “a team like that” now.

We look to be the worst team in our division

For all the jokes that are made about Ottawa by Canadian hockey fans at least I haven't really questioned the effort of their players much 

• Hydration 3
Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Fair enough. No doubt he's not happy with the way things are going - seemingly from the offseason till now - but we'll see how it goes. FWIW I don't anticipate him demanding out

I don't know. Vrbata brought 1 dimension. Miller's still been productive this year & has been good on the PK - not a complete disappearing act like Vrbata.

I just wonder how happy Miller is & how that manifests. He's a leader on this team & the signs haven't been great. 

Yeah, my real concern was how Vrbata quit on the team and became a cancer in the room.  I doubt Miller stoops to that level, but he needs an attitude adjustment.

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Losing. Miller doesn’t like to lose and maybe he wears it on his shoulders the wrong way

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I believe I asked the question.

The pizza dip question or the hockey question?

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

We look to be the worst team in our division

For all the jokes that are made about Ottawa by Canadian hockey fans at least I haven't really questioned the effort of their players much 

We are literally in the basement based on point% with Detroit. We are at 2016/2017 level bad.

4 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Just watched Green post game.  I guess it just doesn't matter whether we win or lose.  Whether we make the playoffs or not. Whether we ever win a cup or not.  

It is all just kinda sorta doesn't matter.  Aw shucks and gee whiz, It's just for fun and everyone is a nice person.

We are now 8 -13 -2 on the season and 6th place out of 7 teams. But so what?  He is kinda disappointed but not enough to get upset about.   He said nothing to suggest that he was really mad and he said absolutely nothing to suggest that he is frothing at the chance to turn this around.

Green is not sure if we won or lost

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

No matter what, he is not giving the media anything.  Downplaying everything and showing everyone that he is keeping his emotion in check is what Green does, this is just him.  

• Vintage 1

Starting to wonder about the captaincy of this team. Should the captain be a leader? I don’t see leadership from Horvat. His work ethic has dropped off. He’s big enough to hit but rarely does so.  Virtanen is the new Erickson - just a useless overpaid slug. He could hit but he doesn’t. There is more energy in a nursing home. The two biggest talents on the team must feel exploited being paid peanuts while Erickson, Beagle, Sutter, Virtanen, Roussel are all greatly overpaid for what they contribute. That has got to be unhealthy. They all know this team is screwed up and going nowhere. They all know the incompetence of the general manager. So why bust a gut for nothing.

• Hydration 1