The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Time to cancel the NHL.tv subscription for this year.  I don't want to support a team financially for nights like this.  This is a hard decision to make, but after 41 years I finally need an emotional break. 

Edited by The Colt 45s
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I agree. I would give Demko the keys. He’s gotta be the guy in order for us to have success in the future. Let him run with it. Take the good with the bad. He’s super talented, Ian and Thacher will figure it out. That’s gotta be the mindset cause In a non covid season we gotta get 50-60 starts outta the guy 

I agree but the staff doesnt based on there game by game decision when it comes to who starts in net - the seems to like playing mind games with the players and it is not helping...

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Sutter has 6 goals and could probably fetch us a mid to late round pick.

Benn would be a good depth defenceman on a contender - late pick

Edler to a contender for a 2nd rounder.

Virtanen for whatever.

Package Gaudette with Roussel to get rid of Roussel's contract.

shop Miller at the TD or in the draft. 

I want us to make bold moves the rest of the season. Give the young guys a chance.

Michaelis, Lind, Hawryluk etc. 

I’m really curious what Sutters next contract is going to look like.

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

I agree but the staff doesnt based on there game by game decision when it comes to who starts in net - the seems to like playing mind games with the players and it is not helping...

Nope honestly looking forward to new coaching staff next year. I’ll keep cheering cause that’s what I do as a fan but it’s not looking so good and I think new staff will help answer a lot of questions 

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Virtanen for whatever.

I want us to make bold moves the rest of the season. Give the young guys a chance.

Edler has historically been unwilling to waive, his family and life are all based in Vancouver 

Don't see why he'd change his mind at this point in his career, I think he'd sooner retire than play anywhere else 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

What are the chances that Poile is still employed by the Predators by season's end? 

Sean Henry, Predators president, just said they are not looking to make a change.  Nashville is not really set up like other teams.  Their owners were not into hockey when they saved the team from relocation.  They just wanted to give back to the city and never expected any kind of return on investment.  They rotate chairmanship of the Board (17 owners) but the current chairman is very hands off approach.  It’s unclear who would even make the call to remove him and Poile has no interest in stepping down.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Could have salvaged this season with Gallant around 10 games ago but it's too late now. 2 similar losses in a row leading 2-0, this is on coaching yet again.

I’m a bit surprised Stevie Y hasn’t hired him yet.

1 minute ago, The Colt 45s said:

Time to cancel the NHL.tv subscription for this year.  I don't want to support a team financially for nights like there.  This is a hard decision to make, but after 41 years I finally need an emotional break. 

I hear you.  My response is what every team gets to.  Change the coach and reset the team.

I can't wait until Green is gone.  Worst coach since Willie and Laforge.

The young core of this team deserves a better coach at the NHL level  than this passive namby pamby mamas boy with a terrible losing record.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Nope honestly looking forward to new coaching staff next year. I’ll keep cheering cause that’s what I do as a fan but it’s not looking so good and I think new staff will help answer a lot of questions 

Yeah, I would also like to see a different coaching staff have a chance with our young core but Aquaman needs to find a team President (first) that can work with JB.

• Huggy Bear 1

57 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I’m a huge Bo fan but I’m not sure what he means when he says “we need to mature as a group” ... It’s not “maturing” it’s getting back to having fun and playing with confidence. Coincidentally those often go hand in hand. 

This team seems down and yes, losing doesn’t help but they’re making way too many mistakes. Calm down, reset, get back to basics and have fun while doing it. If Green’s eeyore tone is any indication of his temperament in the room then it’s no wonder the team as a whole is off... 

Edited by BobSacamano
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, bree2 said:

if we didn't have Beagle , our 4th line would suffer in faceoffs and penalty kill

That’s about all he does well. Beagles line still gets killed 5 on 5. For me the 3 players that get a pass from me are BB Bo and Hoglander. I think EP started slow but the last 7-8 games has been way better. 

I know Macewen has barely scored but defensively he has been okay as well and probably needs more of a chance at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Virtanen for whatever.

Zero depth on the left side then aside from Pearson and he’s an UFA.

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bottom 6 have at least been giving us a good penalty kill.

Lack of leadership is more of an issue right now.

I see it as lack of leadership from the top down

Aqua likes maliable GMs

Benning seems to prefer scorers to Defensemen, and makes lots of mistakes that cause hard feelings

Green wants right shots on the right and left shots on the left, also perfers scorers to hitters or defenders, 

Bo doesn't hit or defend (the net or his teammates)