The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

No doubt.  We need more players like him not less.  Get the frustrations, but the macro view for me is at least the team is getting a chance not to end up like most vet teams, cycle of mediocre seasons.   Our cap shouldn't be cap heavy for 3-4 years ... this years picks work out, plus what's going to work out in our pool and we for sure have a chance.   Signing even one of the big three last off-season would have put us on that path.    The team we have right now, like the end of the Naslund era, start of the Sedin era - won't look anything like the same old at all.   Doesn't mean we won't still get stuck in that exact cycle, but we have a chance at something so much more.  

This is the point that a lot of the doom and gloomers don’t get. This team will get better with age, regardless of who is managing or coaching. Also tired of the ‘Benning has had 7 years’ mantra. The real rebuild started 4 years ago and IMO is on track. Still a few pieces to fill/find but I see the Canucks being competitive in the next 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

This is the point that a lot of the doom and gloomers don’t get. This team will get better with age, regardless of who is managing or coaching. Also tired of the ‘Benning has had 7 years’ mantra. The real rebuild started 4 years ago and IMO is on track. Still a few pieces to fill/find but I see the Canucks being competitive in the next 2 years.

That is absolutely positively not true, without good leadership there is no positive development, it’s true in sports, business and life.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That is absolutely positively not true, without good leadership there is no positive development, it’s true in sports, business and life.

"We'll be competitive in two years" is the dangling carrot we've had with this management group for the last seven years.

10 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Yes for sure the 7 year stuff is total crap.   With what he had to deal with at the start ... almost deserved a 5 year bye or until the Sedins retired.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

And why is MacEwen a extra? Roussel idiotic penalty  mistake changed the momentum. Once again Green so's his love for the plugs. If they make a mistake its fine, but if a Gaudette or MacEwen make mistakes, they are benched demoted and scratched 

I think the dash before Mac puts him in the line up and the slash after Rooster makes him and Hawryluk a game time decision.

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

No cap then and Burke was instructed by ownership to cut salaries.  Far different environment that Burke had to operate under.  

Shoulda labeled my chart - it wasn't vancouver record. It was Pittsburghs.. Final 2 years of my chart they had Crosby too. 

2004 Canucks still Champs in my books ftr