The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

50 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

How Newell Brown sees the power play vs how we see it.

5F6B0F86-1FAE-45BE-B20E-8CF57F40C177.jpeg

10A0787A-0672-4020-AA91-7B0368D66750.gif

The irony is the breakout drawn up  is fairly normal. Multiple pass lane options for d man. What we do not do is take that direct path. We circle back and also drop pass

that said, the drop pass is common as it allows for a rusher to take the puck under speed and leave the forechecker flat footed

my issue is when to get into the o zone we don’t progress deep enough before we hook and either pass back or across. That causes blue line turnovers 

the other frustrating thing is the pass attempts to players in no better position than the passer was. Just wastes time, gains nothing and risks a turnover

we also need a legit shot from the point. I love Hughes but his shot is not a threat 

Edited by canuck2288

Roll 4 lines

Why is the 1st PP unit out for the whole 2 min -  and why is JT on PP! and PK

I think there is room for  improvement on the PP 

Maybe Elliot Freidman is right - maybe last night was the turning point for Petey

Contain McD and Dri

GCG

• Cheers 2

Both teams started 1-3 with the win coming against each other. Since then the Oilers are 11-5, 10 wins in regulation. In the 5 losses they have been leading or tied in the 3rd period, so they have been in a position to win their last 16 games. A couple of regulation wins and they would be 10pts up on the Canucks with 2 games in hand. Needless to say these are pretty much must wins for the Canucks.

• Like 2