The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, Bo Dega said:

A win tonight would be nice.

When you feel that certain canucks are underperforming...how about these guys, Eichel and Hall, 30 games total.....3 goals. 

I'd be more concerned about the $15m, 1pt in 24 games Skinner/Okposo vortex if I was a Sabres fan. I'll bet the tree-topper on Jeff Skinner's Christmas tree for the next 7 years will be an angel with Jason Botterill's face.

Edited by GritGrinder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Win or lose, just give me some of this 

Team Toughness: Protecting McDavid

Jake looks real good in 77... Would be cool to see him switch it up from 18

McDavid just ripped Marky apart, we have to play the body on him all game or he'll clown us too. 

Hit hard boys! 

Edited by apollo
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

I'd be more concerned about the $15m, 1pt in 24 games Skinner/Okposo vortex if I was a Sabres fan. I'll bet the tree-topper on Jeff Skinner's Christmas tree for the next 7 years will be an angel with Jason Botterill's face.

Yeah...I could have added those two....still 3 goals. Good lord, what happens to players who signs there?

7 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Buffalo won't see another Hasek final, or anything like it with their current core as a result.    Don't know where SabresFan went - he/she often had some good things to say....maybe he's so depressed he won't leave his room.   Things could be worse - and Buffalo is a good example of that.   Skinner ... what the heck?!! 

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

But players going from Canada to the US don't have to quarantine for as long. Laine was playing just over a week after the trade and the only reason he missed a few extra days was because he was injured. 

Still - with all the teams right now missing players or having there games postponed ... why don't we keep a tab of all and any trades and then compare it to an ordinary year?   

6 minutes ago, Bo Dega said:

Yeah...I could have added those two....still 3 goals. Good lord, what happens to players who signs there?

Has to be COACHING right?  Because the coach is responsible for everything that happens on the ice.   At least that's how some posters feel on this site. 

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Still - with all the teams right now missing players or having there games postponed ... why don't we keep a tab of all and any trades and then compare it to an ordinary year?   

I think it will definitely be a low total, especially trades right on TDL day. Wouldn't even be surprised if its a record low for TDL day deals.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Convincing John said:

Looks like we are seeing the same thing. I believe the main missing piece of the young core is a Big, strong smooth skating d man with a boomer from the point, preferably Right shot. The silver lining to the dismal power play is it might result in us finding that piece in a heavy D top 10 draft. 

We are missing that Sami Salo slapper! Hughes is good and creative with the puck, but he doesn't have that one timer threat, and I think we're missing that (imagine having Petey able to one time, or pass across to the d-man for a one timer).

• Cheers 1

18. It will be interesting to see if the fallout from negative publicity in Arizona means the team considers adding a player or two to compete in the West. They play hard, are in the race, and came back from down 3–0 to shock Anaheim 4–3 Monday night. (The heat is on in Anaheim — that was a rough defeat.) The Coyotes are looking for a centre and could check out an additional rental like Montour or Tanner Pearson, should he become available.

Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts today....

Wouldn't be surprised to hear Pearson's name brought up more often in the next few weeks. Same goes for Brandon Sutter and Jordie Benn

• Upvote 1