The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tiger Woods hospitalized after serious rollover crash near Rancho Palos Verdes

CBH1926

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Awful news, but seems he'll be ok....interior of the car was "more or less" intact and provided a bit of a cushion.

I really like Tiger and am hoping he fully recovers.  He's had a rough go...sure, some of his own doing but he's a human being like any of us.  He's been an amazing golfer and made me interested in the sport.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7657822/tiger-woods-injured-car-crash/

As you stated we all make mistakes.

However this guy totally betrayed the people he is meant to love the most.

I read an article which stated he confessed to having affairs with a 120 different women during his 5 year marriage.

This was not a one off but a consistent betrayal of trust.

I am sorry he has been involved in this car accident however

no amount of sporting achievements will ever make  up for this IMO.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tiger, you are the reason I started watching golf and then got my first clubs and starting playing on a regular basis.  We’ve all made mistakes in our life, we are all human beings.  I wish you all the best in your recovery...

I'll pass this on to him.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

As you stated we all make mistakes.

However this guy totally betrayed the people he is meant to love the most.

I read an article which stated he confessed to having affairs with a 120 different women during his 5 year marriage.

This was not a one off but a consistent betrayal of trust.

I am sorry he has been involved in this car accident however

no amount of sporting achievements will ever make  up for this IMO.

Yeah, honestly. This guy has been continually making mistake after mistake. He's been in several car accidents, if I remember correctly before this, one of which involved him while he was under the influence (of drugs). This is beyond stupid decision making.

He needs a serious wake up call because whatever life he's living is a mistake.

• Cheers 1

Hard to feel sorry for a guy who has spent his life cheating on his wife (100+ times I believe) and also driving under the influence in the past and now this (likely speeding) based on a clear sunny day. 

I don't wish him to be injured etc but when you see it happen you aren't surprised. Clowns make clown mistakes.

Great golfer, little else beyond that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FTR, I didn't like Tiger even before he was caught cheating on his wife. I was also a golf fan long before he came on the scene. (Didn't like Jack either. My guys were Ray Floyd, Tom Weiskopf and Lee Trevino)

But I never wish this kind of thing on anyone. I hope he makes a full recovery and returns to play.

• Huggy Bear 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 7:06 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

FTR, I didn't like Tiger even before he was caught cheating on his wife. I was also a golf fan long before he came on the scene. (Didn't like Jack either. My guys were Ray Floyd, Tom Weiskopf and Lee Trevino)

But I never wish this kind of thing on anyone. I hope he makes a full recovery and returns to play.

Returning to play after this after age 45, when already dealing with health issues, is very unlikely.