Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alex Burrows named assistant coach of Montreal Canadians

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

is 1/2 a shortened season enough to earn a head coaching job....

 

 

 

it is if you're Burr and your face is hanging in an arena somewhere. 

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bell said:

Congrats Burr, one the hardest workers in pro sports, just wished he signed with the canucks.

Burr was doing what it took to get a path to the NHL. He's paid his dues as an assistant coach in the AHL with Laval. Something that he who shall be nameless, refuses to do even though he wants to be a coach or executive in the NHL. 

Dare I say it Manny and Burr would be a great coaching tandem with Vancouver? 

  • Burr 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Burr was doing what it took to get a path to the NHL. He's paid his dues as an assistant coach in the AHL with Laval. Something that he who shall be nameless, refuses to do even though he wants to be a coach or executive in the NHL. 

Dare I say it Manny and Burr would be a great coaching tandem with Vancouver? 

Manny and Burr would be amazing.

  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, b3. said:

I really want to see Patrick Roy be their coach.

 

I think it would be so entertaining.

Roy, Burr and maybe hire Lappy for extra "support" (with Rooster waiting in the wings).  Can you imagine what that bench would be like during an on ice "dispute"?   :towel:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, b3. said:

I really want to see Patrick Roy be their coach.

 

I think it would be so entertaining.

I think if Roy took over as coach of the Canadiens, that would be a sure sign the end of the world is here. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Roy, Burr and maybe hire Lappy for extra "support" (with Rooster waiting in the wings).  Can you imagine what that bench would be like during an on ice "dispute"?   :towel:

My coach can beat up your coach?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

 

 

Damn....Burr deserves this, just wish we were creative enough to see some of the talent we have within.   

 

Manny, Burr, Bieksa.

In Burr's case, I think coaching for the Canadiens is a dream.  He grew up loving that team; it's his homeland.  I can see him eventually getting the #1 job in Montreal and then (as with all coaches) he will be fired and head over to Vancouver.

 

So happy for him.  What a tremendous career.

  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, a bit premature, Julien dragged a basic team on paper pretty far last season and started strong this year and one little losing streak and he's gone. They're still in the playoff picture and not that far off the top. Big mistake by them, they might really crumble now with little experience behind the bench.

 

Meanwhile the Canucks go the other way, wait so long that the season is no longer salvagable but hopefully we don't suck so bad for so long that this damages our young players future confidence.

  • Hydration 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Only on CDC does Montreal firing their head coach and assistant coach become all about them adding Burrows as an assistant coach. Lol. 

Really? What if we hired a Montreal legend or dare I say a Toronto legend like Wendell Clark as an assistant, those markets would lose their mind.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Only on CDC does Montreal firing their head coach and assistant coach become all about them adding Burrows as an assistant coach. Lol. 

Ummm... could it be that he was one of the most beloved players in team history?

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wow, a bit premature, Julien dragged a basic team on paper pretty far last season and started strong this year and one little losing streak and he's gone. They're still in the playoff picture and not that far off the top. Big mistake by them, they might really crumble now with little experience behind the bench.

 

Meanwhile the Canucks go the other way, wait so long that the season is no longer salvagable but hopefully we don't suck so bad for so long that this damages our young players future confidence.

Not premature at all.  They’re an excellent even strength team but have been abysmal on special teams since he took over. He’s had years to fix the problems snd hasnt.  This firing is overdue 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...