The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Claude Julien replacing Travis Green (Proposal)

Rate this topic

grandmaster

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Don't think Lidstrom was that soft either...

No definitely not. 

Franzen and Holmstrom dished out and received a lot more abuse though.

Thats the good thing about Babcocks teams. He has players that know their roles and play them perfectly. Right now on the Canucks I see a lot of lost players.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No definitely not. 

Franzen and Holmstrom dished out and received a lot more abuse though.

Thats the good thing about Babcocks teams. He has players that know their roles and play them perfectly. Right now on the Canucks I see a lot of lost players.

Playing to get rid of the coaches is real, and even tho Bo said otherwise, he would never confirm it either.

Team's lost under Coach Ghandi's lead.

• Cheers 2

Pointless speculation ..... Canucks will not make changes so what you see will be the team for the season. 

we have few assists other teams would have any interest in at the trade deadline ( from the group not considered untouchable ).

those with playoff value we would trade have to much of a cap hit for any serious tire kickers.

we are already well into next year territory as this season is too far gone for us to come back.

let’s focus on our lottery pick and playing the kids full out from here. Players like juolevi , demko , Hoglander should be top line .... starting the rest of the year.

virtaneen and Miller should switch lines for now .... not because he deserves it but if we have any hope of trading him the kids gotta play top line.

the season is over .... let’s focus on meaningful minutes and top line experience to speed up the player development of some of the kids. At least then the season isn’t a total loss 

Montreal doing way better than the canucks and they let there coaching staff go, why the fudge is green and baum still coaching the canucks , how many more games do we need to lose before the ower does changes, i think his friendship is blocking common sense

And would love claude or gallant here, so make it so owners of the canucks

Edited by x00x

3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

There is a window of opportunity now for the Canucks to land the newly available Claude Julien. A coach who has a much more impressive resume and former Stanley Cup champion winning coach. 

The Habs made a mistake here and I believe Jim Benning needs to move quick on this or he will be scooped up by another team.

Thank you Travis for all your efforts but this team can no longer function under your command. It’s time for a change.

Ha...all of us TG haters and Bashers would love nothing better....but Aquaman has spoken....nothing is going to happen...JB doesn't have the balls to go against ownership....but while we are dreaming.....lets get rid of Brown and Baum...and bring back the twins as PP coach, Juice to run the defence and Louongo as goalie coach :P

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I would too. Gallant is the best coach not with a job by far right now, but Julien is still a significant upgrade. Zack's mom is still a huge upgrade. 

I think Julien's style of coaching is slightly "outdated" in a way where his systems aren't ideal for the modern NHL.

Just my opinion even though Montreal did well at the beginning of the season, they quickly fell apart. 

Gallant made a crappy Florida team into a playoff team and brought the VGK to the finals. 

I just think he's had a short leash for some reason compared to other coaches.

He's younger but also experienced and proven what he can do and even more potentially at the NHL level.

I've wanted the Canucks to nab him for a while now.

• Huggy Bear 1

It would be interesting to see compiled stats from the past 20 years that show the effect of replacing the coach during the season.  Same team, different coach, how many teams did better, how many teams did worse. 

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

It would be interesting to see compiled stats from the past 20 years that show the effect of replacing the coach during the season.  Same team, different coach, how many teams did better, how many teams did worse. 

its rare, but it does work: https://www.southcoasttoday.com/sports/20170210/bruins-mid-season-coaching-changes-rarely-work-in-nhl

most recently LA, Pits, St. Louis would be 3 from the last 10 years or so that found a lot of success with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No to Gallant.

3 teams have already not hired him. And Seattle who is in position to hire him hasn't. 

It's clearly not his win rate. There's something else no one is talking about that teams aren't hiring him.

(It could be anything. Does he want control of what players the team gets? Is he too abusive to players? A skeleton in the closet? He like's disco?)

Whatever it is, if Ron Francis is not hiring him. I'd stay away. 

He's a screamy psychopath with alleged physical confrontations with players and staff.

Allegedly 

13 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I think Julien's style of coaching is slightly "outdated" in a way where his systems aren't ideal for the modern NHL.

Just my opinion even though Montreal did well at the beginning of the season, they quickly fell apart. 

Gallant made a crappy Florida team into a playoff team and brought the VGK to the finals. 

I just think he's had a short leash for some reason compared to other coaches.

He's younger but also experienced and proven what he can do and even more potentially at the NHL level.

I've wanted the Canucks to nab him for a while now.

Gallant 57

Julien 60

Neither one will ever be in canucks coaching staff.

Julien vs canucks scf

Gallant screaming at the canucks after thornton chirped the twins to do what rypien did to themselves.

Not even in fantasy land will this happen.