The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Montreal:

24 Cups, winning culture that simply will not accept losing. Changes are made to right the ship when results are not there 

Vancouver:

0 Cups, losing culture that has no problem accepting losses. Stays with the status quo and hopes to win a Cup someday.....50 plus years and counting. Simply the most results inept franchise in the league and pro sports overall

And people wonder why fans are frustrated? 

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not a fan of Juolevi sitting for Hamonic.  Olli had been growing as a player and getting to know the league.  Too bad!

I'm sure Horvat will get along great with Virtanen.:rolleyes:

Some players never sit and some are good candidates to sit; hoping OJ would not sit but this staff just would not be willing to bench a vet in the d core...

15 hours ago, Squamfan said:

U think Benning is good at hard Balling? It is widely reported that other teams were offering Beagle 1 year @ 1m-1.5m and inept idiot  foes out and gives him 4*3m

I even wonder if you know that other factors usually come into play as to whether a team can offer 1.5m or 4.3m but of course you can't see. 

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Montreal:

24 Cups, winning culture that simply will not accept losing. Changes are made to right the ship when results are not there 

Vancouver:

0 Cups, losing culture that has no problem accepting losses. Stays with the status quo and hopes to win a Cup someday.....50 plus years and counting. Simply the most results inept franchise in the league and pro sports overall

And people wonder why fans are frustrated? 

Leafs 54 years and counting...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

A little context with their 3000 stanley cups would be nice. 

They wont accept losing yet they've been sucking the bottom of the barrel since 93. 

that and Bergevin really needs a haircut. 

Montreal hasn't done much imo warrant the praise they get on CDC. Yes they went out and made some big moves, but right now they are a bubble playoff team. 

• Cheers 1

Sure gets stinky in here whenever the team is on a losing streak. Smells like being under a bridge where filthy unwashed trolls congregate to urinate and defecate on various members of the organization. Time for the Canucks to come up with a dominating performance to shut up the clowns at least for a while.

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

I'm not saying Green is a supercoach, but he knows as well as anyone that Juolevi is not the issue. It is actually smart to manage the load for a young player that has been prone to injury. It is also smart to bring Hamonic back into rotation and get him some game time for a change. He may be a decent option next season but we don't really know what we have there and whether he has chemistry with our team until he has played a chunk of games. The Canucks won't make the playoffs, so may as well use this season to make some informed decisions for next season.

The reality is that Van will be selling at the trade deadline. Harmonic likely going so TOI is part of the process. Even with his limited usage he could bring a 3rd back.

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The reality is that Van will be selling at the trade deadline. Harmonic likely going so TOI is part of the process. Even with his limited usage he could bring a 3rd back.

Hamonic has a NMC per CapFriendly - can’t be traded.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

He can waive it though - and why wouldn't he because his next contract depends on something from him. 

I agree with this, he may choose to waive it for a good fit, I think he just wanted control and not be bumped around the league. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I agree with this, he may choose to waive it for a good fit, I think he just wanted control and not be bumped around the league. 

Especially during this pandemic.  I think a 3rd round pick might be a bit optimistic for him though.  We couldn’t even get a 3rd for Hamhuis who had far more gas left in the tank than him.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Especially during this pandemic.  I think a 3rd round pick might be a bit optimistic for him though.  We couldn’t even get a 3rd for Hamhuis who had far more gas left in the tank than him.

depends on who else is available I guess, but I'd be thrilled with a 3rd. 4 or 5 seems more likely but still nice for free. 

I think our bigger ticket will be Sutter 1/2 retained. I could see Edmonton really solidifying its bottom 6 with Sutter. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If the issue is him not being happy then only he knows why but I suspect if he didn’t like Vancouver he’d be asking for a trade but if he didn’t like the coaching he’d probably be keeping quiet so I suspect the latter, if he just gave up mentally and he’s finished then that’s sad.

I believe Green benching him before the playoffs last year was probably the last straw for Jake, I really seen a decline in his effort after that. Jake is no saint, but there have been plenty of players over the years who did not play as well as they should have but have never been treated like Jake has over the years. However, this year, OJ, Gauds and Mac have had a taste of Greens wrath. It really is sad that our young players are being treated like that and we thought Torts was bad. ::D