The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

When you fire a coach and don't have a replacement right away, the assistant coach usually takes over.  The new coach later can then decide who he wants to keep, who he wants as assistant. 

Oh Jam, I'm afraid you've been whooshed.

The joke

Your head

• RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, bones said:

I wonder if they’d Replace Green with Smyl as a temp coach? They did show him in the broadcast, mentioned his many roles with the team including coaching and as he’s already on the payroll, Aquaman wouldn’t have to spend more money. 

They kinda have to thanks to Covid.

Smyl: Interim head coach until the new guy's quarantine is done.

Higgens: Special teams assistant

Ryan Biech: Interim D assistant coach?

• RoughGame 3

6 games losing streak then 4 games now.  

The only hope now is that there are a bunch of teams struggling and every game is 4pt essentially.  Oils were struggling a bit but now on a streak and about to lead the div. Habs were top of div at one time and now in danger of dropping out of the playoffs and got their coaches fired. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Not gonna lie. Losing sucks, but I'm looking forward to adding a stud D prospect to our lineup from this upcoming draft. A lot of great ones to choose from including another Hughes. And honestly, I don't think we were ever CUP material without adding another one - that's all I care about. 

they play like they are not wearing a CUP either

• RoughGame 4