The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Great effort by the team but for some reason we seem to be catching most of the teams in an upswing. Imo, the game was pretty much even and the only difference was: Edm capitalize on there chances and we didnt.  This year is a reloading year and the team is still trending to compete; very interested what will transpire in the offseason.

Glad they stuck with Demko but he has stop letting these softies in - great effort but good/great goalie makes the right saves at the right time and that softie kinda took the wind off the comeback.  Will probably get some bite back for this but I was hoping for Green to sit one of the veteran D, instead of OJ.  Anyways, off to the nexr game...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

I have been ok with Green, but I am thinking it is time. This roster isn't thgat good, but something needs to happen to jolt some energy into the team

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Green felt relieved to be relieved of duties...

Yup me too. Regardless of playoffs I think it’s important to have a winning mentality. A change has to happen. This can’t go on we should be at least a .500 hockey team 

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Not President right away but I agree that having him be the face of the club wouldn't be a bad thing.  Later him, promote him to President once he gets his 'feet wet'.

You know Bieksa is a special individual when you can read a forum and hear him mentioned as a superstar broadcaster, a potential NHL coach, and a future team president and none of it sounds unreasonable.

• RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I have been ok with Green, but I am thinking it is time. This roster isn't thgat good, but something needs to happen to jolt some energy into the team

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Green felt relieved to be relieved of duties...

I feel bad for the guy but he is under a lot of stress. 

A promising coach who will not realize his potential here. 

• RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, khay said:

This reminds me of 2018-19 season. When EP scored, we (at least I) accepted it as a win regardless of the score.

Except that virtanen couldn't tap  a golf ball into the grand canyon.  Other then that , it's identical. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Haha 2
  • RoughGame 2