The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Then he said the PP didn’t come through 

yup, Green shows real depth in his commentary....I wonder if that is what he does when he "coaches" the boys: "Boys, here's how we win....ahm....let's see...I don't want to nit pick so I'll keep it simple of you....just don't lose"

• RoughGame 2

Just now, EmilyM said:

You know Bieksa is a special individual when you can read a forum and hear him mentioned as a superstar broadcaster, a potential NHL coach, and a future team president and none of it sounds unreasonable.

to be fair, I say the same things about Jack Fig......and I think he could sing the anthem as well....

• Haha 3
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, J-Strap said:

yup, Green shows real depth in his commentary....I wonder if that is what he does when he "coaches" the boys: "Boys, here's how we win....ahm....let's see...I don't want to nit pick so I'll keep it simple of you....just don't lose"

99 whiteboards with DROP PASS written in progressively weaker ink, and 1 with the directions to HR.

• RoughGame 2

12 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Not gonna lie. Losing sucks, but I'm looking forward to adding a stud D prospect to our lineup from this upcoming draft. A lot of great ones to choose from including another Hughes. And honestly, I don't think we were ever CUP material without adding another one - that's all I care about. 

Even if we add one or 2 Hughes or whatever we still wouldnt be cup contenders. Face the fact that we have way too many dead weights on this team. Look at Tampa and compare rosters. They had a 4th line that could score more goals than our bottom 2 lines combined.

• RoughGame 2

Green is very politely trying to say what a lot of us think. The Canucks are still not very good!

Jim needs to stop looking for a quick fix and take time to finish the rebuild. I worry he will flip our first round pick (one that could be top five) for a middle age project to SAVE the day. This is when I want Jim gone.

The top young forward that he is looking for is in Russia. Plus Hoglander is a rookie be patient. 

Trade for picks and bring up the 22/23 year olds that we have in our system. Their as good as any player that some team is looking to offer up to fleece Jim of his 1st round pick . This team is close . As fans we need to shout out the fact that we will be patient. 

Can you fans be patient? Let the rebuild be completed the right way?

• RoughGame 3

18 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Too funny.  Deep analysis.  Wow, what a hockey mind...... LOL> 

That explains everything.  "Not putting the puck in the net when we need to right now"....when is it that you don't need to put the puck in the net Green?  Like maybe when you have a 2-0 lead or 3-0 lead or maybe when you trail by 1, 2 or 3 goals?

• RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

No Stanley Cups meets self-deprecating humour.  

Correlation or causation?

I'd opt for correlation, castration probably hurts and leads to an inability to manipulate important tools. Like motor vehicles for example.

Edited by luckylager
  • RoughGame 2