The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So....if these line changes bring about the same result, what then? I hope to see Juolevi and MacEwen in the roster tonight. Their effort level is always consistent and they should be rewarded for it. 

These guys need to be part of the team going forward. OJ is exactly what we need back there if he keeps trending the way he has. Our bottom six is gonna have more holes this summer. Mac needs to be part of that solution 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I really don't want to see Juolevi-Myers split up, its a good pair and its also the future. Defaulting to the veteran player in Benn seems like a desperation move by Baumer. Also want to see Zack back in.

The only forgivable thing at this point is if it's about maintenance for OJs body.   Otherwise it's insanity. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The only forgivable thing at this point is if it's about maintenance for OJs body.   Otherwise it's insanity. 

I guess they could be hedging their bets that if Hamonic craps the bed early they can default back to Hughes-Benn. But if they are concerned about that, why put Hamonic back in? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's also the most likely scenario. I wonder if all the "realistic fans" who have been crapping on Green will apologize when it comes out that OJ was nursing a minor injury?

15 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Absolute joke if you ask me. Keep mac and Juolevi in. Two players who have been difference makers. Hamonic was atrocious his last game he played and Virtanen.... well that’s self explanatory. Nice to see hawyrluk slotting in though. 

Hughes - Homonic were a tire fire in their own zone before he got injured, why would these dumb coaches think it will be better now? I’m so frustrated with this team, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, that describes this coaching staff

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

I really don’t think enough fans give Green the credit he deserves for his creativity 

for example we have now found several creative ways to lose games 

we have every creative excuse in the book for losing 

I don't even know what to say anymore, Green was telling reporters that he could see the momentum switching to the Oilers advantage...yet once again he refused to use a time-out. So beyond frustrated...

• Vintage 1

17 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Genius coach that is presently on 10 loss out of 12 game streak can at least hang on to the fact he is developing young players

...wait

he is sitting OJ for zero reason 

he is playing roussel for zero reason

Ok forget the part about developing players, he is just basically useless 

What’s your opinion on the Miller demotion?

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I don't even know what to say anymore, Green was telling reporters that he could see the momentum switching to the Oilers advantage...yet once again he refused to use a time-out. So beyond frustrated...

He apparently thinks a timeout is a matter of the players being able to hear him and, given there are no fans, the players can hear him so no timeouts are required 

he does not get it 

the physical pause and reset means nothing to him apparently 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, MNaslund?? said:

What’s your opinion on the Miller demotion?

I don't like it

make him miss  a few shifts but dropping a top 6 player out of the top when we don't have any top 6 players to spare makes no sense

i would drop Pearson out of the top 6 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 1