The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Hephaestus needs to forge for us a magical hockey stick which is delivered on magic carpet by Hermes.

And we have the Greek hero (well, he's Swedish but who cares as it spoils the narrative :lol:) to wield that weapon - EP!

• RoughGame 2
Just now, cuporbust said:

Just doesn't care enough to play better? I don't like seeing a guy that has been mediocre all year barking at someone else on the bench. Nothing positive about that IMO

We don't know the context, I just assumed it was constructive anger when it could very well be the opposite.

• Burr 1
  • RoughGame 2
5 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

When was this...? The last home game against Calgary..? They’ve been wearing the reverse retro jerseys the last 4 games so this must have been a week or so ago..?

That looked pretty bad. Getting tired of Miller.

• Burr 1
  • RoughGame 4
2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Green is very politely trying to say what a lot of us think. The Canucks are still not very good!

Jim needs to stop looking for a quick fix and take time to finish the rebuild. I worry he will flip our first round pick (one that could be top five) for a middle age project to SAVE the day. This is when I want Jim gone.

The top young forward that he is looking for is in Russia. Plus Hoglander is a rookie be patient. 

Trade for picks and bring up the 22/23 year olds that we have in our system. Their as good as any player that some team is looking to offer up to fleece Jim of his 1st round pick . This team is close . As fans we need to shout out the fact that we will be patient. 

Can you fans be patient? Let the rebuild be completed the right way?

Just curious, but aside from Horvat, Petersson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, Miller and perhaps Juolevi, who do we think could get a significant level pick from what is left? There certainly aren't going to be any 1st, 2nd and maybe not even any 3rd round picks coming back for how the remaining members of the team are being described. 

Playing the 22/23 year olds might create a feel good moment, like walking down memory lane to the early seventies, but the team will not have any greater success in the standings, and most/all of these younger players may sink rather than swim being thrown into the deep end of the pool without a life preserver. Perhaps the biggest advantage is that the team would save a lot of cash on salaries.

regards,  G.

• RoughGame 3
Just now, Green Building said:

We don't know the context, I just assumed it was constructive anger when it could very well be the opposite.

Add that to his 14 year old temper tantrums.... not a great look. If he was leading by example after getting mad , great.  Throwing tantrums and not playing any better makes him look like a spoiled brat IMO.

• Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 2
Just now, cuporbust said:

Until JT Miller stops playing like crap, he should probably shut the f up.  

Honestly I don't hate it they should be pissed and fired up. They should be angry. They will go for a beer after the game. at least they aren't wallowing in their own poopy play. 

• RoughGame 4
Just now, hammertime said:

Honestly I don't hate it they should be pissed and fired up. They should be angry. They will go for a beer after the game. at least they aren't wallowing in their own poopy play. 

Ya ....the first time I didn't mind. Now he is starting to look immature when it's not backed up on the ice .

• RoughGame 2
3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

If he's guna have Michael Jordan's attitude with his teammates , he better play like him too. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2