The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

They kinda have to thanks to Covid.

Smyl: Interim head coach until the new guy's quarantine is done.

Higgens: Special teams assistant

Ryan Biech: Interim D assistant coach?

I nominate Halford and Brough as co-coaches. They probably know as much about the game as Green and their pressers would be a lot funnier. Sekeres and Price to replace Dim Jim. It about time to activate Defcon 4 and put in some pro armchair coaches and managers to replace these amateurs.

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 2
16 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I wonder how the team will play the remainder of the season knowing that they're not really playing for anything at this point... 

It’ll be like playing in the world’s longest Pee-Wee hockey tournament, few if any spectators, stakes aren’t all that high, & the games are only slightly more meaningful than practices. 

Lotto pick in a year where there was little opportunity to scout the draft picks. This is where Benning might give up a last gasp at redemption,...before finally being let go. 

• Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 2
6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Travis Green

Sooo....we are epically losing because of bad luck.....not gaining confidence in coaching here.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 2
8 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Could be worse.... Could be the Flames. 

I'm not actually sure that's worse right now. 

On a separate note :

This team is trash from management down. All the purse string tightening screwed us over, and I think Benning is waaaay over his head. I also think the coaches are over their heads. This team needs a big jolt. 

• Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 2
25 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Well I think that's it for the year. 

I wonder how the team will play the remainder of the season knowing that they're not really playing for anything at this point... 

Time for green to experiment and do what he wants with the youth. (if he keeps his job) 

Benning at least knows he needs to sell at the deadline... 

Tonight 2 pp goals against and zero goals for.. That's the game

With a GM and coach about to be under mad scrutiny you are sorely mistaken if you don't think that, win or lose, these professional hockey players aren't playing for their jobs.  

Well, the ones who want to remain pro hockey players, that is.

• RoughGame 2

I have a friend I play golf and hockey with.............

His favorite saying is.................

What could go wrong? lol

I imagine this is what Pettersson said to Hughes, when Green announced tonight's line up

What could go wrong? 

• RoughGame 2
1 minute ago, Green Building said:

With a GM and coach about to be under mad scrutiny you are sorely mistaken if you don't think that, win or lose, these professional hockey players aren't playing for their jobs.  

Well, the ones who want to remain pro hockey players, that is.

Yeah I could see the bubble guys like JV Gaudette, Rousel playing hard. 

How about top 6?

• RoughGame 2