The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Funny how Lindros's legacy is so connected to Steven's plastering him.   Not much is said about the three of four head hits before that... or many of Lindros's own best hits back then.   For fun i watched some Lindros highlights over the last year - he smoked guys so hard ... one hit a 220lb player flew 20 feet into the boards - haven't seen that before or since.   Stevens rep went up into legend status with that one hit, but forgotten in history is also how brutal some of Lindros own hits were too is the point i'm trying to make.    Worth a watch.  If i ever figure out how to post videos i might give it a go.   For a three year period or so Lindros was at or near the heap of the pile - and there were a lot of great players back then, like Orr, and Bure - special players much deserving of the HHOF despite the smallish sample size 

lindros was a machine   virtanen hit guys like that in junior and the brutal coaches on canucks killed that part of his game i dont even care if jake gets another goal id just like to see him hit someone flat out 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Nah, you gotta do it more like this:

Sutter, Beagle, Roussell, Virtanen, Gaudette - 11

That's the real joke. 

Come on Stealth. You have to do better than that. You picked the worst of the bunch. How about Sutter - Horvat - Petterson - Miller = 27

The Canucks are 3rd OVERALL in goals scored. Scoring is not the problem!! Defence and responsible play however…

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Come on Stealth. You have to do better than that. You picked the worst of the bunch. How about Sutter - Horvat - Petterson - Miller = 27

The Canucks are 3rd OVERALL in goals scored. Scoring is not the problem!! Defence and responsible pay however…

Dude right now everything is a problem. The Canucks have also played ~5 more games than everyone, so that overall number is rather inflated. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, SNuck said:

Dude right now everything is a problem. 

No sh#t. But I have lived through much worse Canucks teams in my lengthy tenure as a fan. Anyone want to track down Bill LaForge or Tom Renney? or sadly, Mike Keenan?

Don't even  have to mention Torts or Willie…

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Funny how Lindros's legacy is so connected to Steven's plastering him.   Not much is said about the three of four head hits before that... or many of Lindros's own best hits back then.   For fun i watched some Lindros highlights over the last year - he smoked guys so hard ... one hit a 220lb player flew 20 feet into the boards - haven't seen that before or since.   Stevens rep went up into legend status with that one hit, but forgotten in history is also how brutal some of Lindros own hits were too is the point i'm trying to make.    Worth a watch.  If i ever figure out how to post videos i might give it a go.   For a three year period or so Lindros was at or near the heap of the pile - and there were a lot of great players back then, like Orr, and Bure - special players much deserving of the HHOF despite the smallish sample size 

Watch Stevens carefully on SOME of his patented hits.  His defensive partner, unless I’m mistaken, often funneled the opposing player towards the headhunter Stevens (legal hit back then).  

11 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

No sh#t. But I have lived through much worse Canucks teams in my lengthy tenure as a fan. Anyone want to track down Bill LaForge or Tom Renney? or sadly, Mike Keenan?

Don't even  have to mention Torts or Willie…

Bill Laforge sadly passed away some years ago I believe.

• Cheers 1

Why I’m not jumping off a bridge (yet).

After this year, Baertschi, Sutter, Benn and Harmonic contracts are ended.

After next year, Roussel, Beagle and Eriksson contracts are ended.

Miller, Petey and Boeser are all highly skilled and were a great line last year. With better coaching that can return.

Bo, Hogs and Podz can be an amazing second line. Yes, we miss TT but our top six with Podz is not our biggest problem.

Our Third and fourth lines have the most dead weight contracts in the NHL but they are all gone after next year.

Demko has demonstrated that he can be a very good starter.

Hughes and OJ are a good building blocks for a rebuilt D. Adding Tree and another big, mean MF would go a long way to making us tougher.

Gaudette and Virts may be expendable for picks or prospects. Promising D and third/fourth line C would help.

I do think it’s time for clearing out management and coaches, getting picks, and having no illusions that we can compete this year as the team is currently constructed.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Bill Laforge sadly passed away some years ago I believe.

As a good human being I am sorry to hear of this loss, and his family's loss. Still wouldn't want him as a coach. He actually passed back in 2005 he was only 54. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_LaForge

RIP Bill. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

As a good human being I am sorry to hear of this loss, and his family's loss. Still wouldn't want him as a coach. He actually passed back in 2005 he was only 54. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_LaForge

RIP Bill. 

RIP Bill. We hardly knew ya. Only lasted 20 games with the Nucks. I remember him as the PHD guy... pride hustle desire. But slogans don't win games.

• Cheers 2