The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Our blue line isn't strong enough for us to get into the playoffs I'm afraid baring goaltending heroics.  Benning's biggest failure to date.

I do think the personnel is decent enough too. Nolan BumGardener and his decisions are absolute trash and have a serious effect on the performance of the defense, as does the lack of support from some of the forwards. Benning's biggest failure was to give BumGardener and Brown extensions when they didn't deserve them at all. I hope those two are fired as soon as humanly possible. Back to the bargain basement with those two.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Yet Green laid it on the rookies saying they made mistakes they would like to take back. Perhaps that disconnect between under performing vets and kids taking the blame is at the heart of why the team is struggling. 

Though I agree with your sentiments, we all struggle when we are frustrated with our lack of success. That is the key point here. This team needs a total confidence building blowout, similar to the 9-3 pasting of Boston last year.

losing certain dressing room influencers hasn’t helped, but I don’t blame that on the team or management.

1 hour ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Hughes - Homonic were a tire fire in their own zone before he got injured, why would these dumb coaches think it will be better now? I’m so frustrated with this team, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, that describes this coaching staff

Coaching staff is out to lunch. I don’t understand their logic but I don’t think anyone does at this point. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

funny your posts show that you love losing

You should try the ignore button.   Wow how the entire vibe changes.  Like when your a kid and your best friends little brother was the most annoying thing in the world but you still had to put up with him .... ignore him and it changes everything.   The only thing is whenever anyone feeds the troll, you can still see it in the replies ... mods need to either get some balls and call this poster out - i mean really how long do we have to put up with this - or provide the option to also ignore whomever replies.   My guess is this poster would either change his/her tune - or die off completely within a few weeks.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Though I agree with your sentiments, we all struggle when we are frustrated with our lack of success. That is the key point here. This team needs a total confidence building blowout, similar to the 9-3 pasting of Boston last year.

losing certain dressing room influencers hasn’t helped, but I don’t blame that on the team or management.

that is not really what they need though.

a blow out win would help for a while, kind of like a small trade or changing to another rookie or intrim coach, it will work for a while, but is not a long term fix.

This team needs a Shea Weber, Joel Edmondston and a Chris Tanev to solidify the defense

It needs a coach that rewards hits and solid defense rather than being outright gaga over the scorers. 

Up 3 nothing against Edmonton this team needs to grind the Oil to a halt

Don't have the horses or the cowboys to pull that off.

all we can hope for is we outscore our problems

that is not the recipe for success

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

You should try the ignore button.   Wow how the entire vibe changes.  Like when your a kid and your best friends little brother was the most annoying thing in the world but you still had to put up with him .... ignore him and it changes everything.   The only thing is whenever anyone feeds the troll, you can still see it in the replies ... mods need to either get some balls and call this poster out - i mean really how long do we have to put up with this - or provide the option to also ignore whomever replies.   My guess is this poster would either change his/her tune - or die off completely within a few weeks.  

On the other side of the proverbial coin, you can learn from the ad nauseam drivel and fire back with informed opinions based on reality. I never put anyone on ignore, that’s too boring for me personally. I love to hear everyone’s opinion, even though some are totally uniformed, lack basic intelligence and/or logic. Unfortunately we all speak from our asses at times, myself included, but that’s what makes this fun!

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

These guys need to be part of the team going forward. OJ is exactly what we need back there if he keeps trending the way he has. Our bottom six is gonna have more holes this summer. Mac needs to be part of that solution 

I think Mac gets plucked by Seattle

the Krack get 30 picks and the Canucks are hovering around 25-28 in the league

The Krack are not going to take one of our big $ players

By the time they are picking a Canuck they will already have 14 forwards, 8D and 3 goalies

they'll go low $ possible AHL fodder, possible Alex Tuch IMHO

1 minute ago, lmm said:

I think Mac gets plucked by Seattle

the Krack get 30 picks and the Canucks are hovering around 25-28 in the league

The Krack are not going to take one of our big $ players

By the time they are picking a Canuck they will already have 14 forwards, 8D and 3 goalies

they'll go low $ possible AHL fodder, possible Alex Tuch IMHO

Draft order plays no role in the expansion draft.  Seattle gets the list of exposed players ahead of the draft and will have time to decide who to select from each team.

8 minutes ago, mll said:

Draft order plays no role in the expansion draft.  Seattle gets the list of exposed players ahead of the draft and will have time to decide who to select from each team.

I know that

Its not alphabetical either

but do you think  they will be salivating over the 28th place Canuck roster?

I THINK THE eD WAS BETTER WHEN THEY ADMITTED 2 TEAMS  

Edited by lmm

13 minutes ago, lmm said:

that is not really what they need though.

a blow out win would help for a while, kind of like a small trade or changing to another rookie or intrim coach, it will work for a while, but is not a long term fix.

This team needs a Shea Weber, Joel Edmondston and a Chris Tanev to solidify the defense

It needs a coach that rewards hits and solid defense rather than being outright gaga over the scorers. 

Up 3 nothing against Edmonton this team needs to grind the Oil to a halt

Don't have the horses or the cowboys to pull that off.

all we can hope for is we outscore our problems

that is not the recipe for success

“Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.”– Vince Lombardi
“When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.”– Joe Namath
“Concentration comes out of a combination of confidence and hunger.”– Arnold Palmer

13 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

On the other side of the proverbial coin, you can learn from the ad nauseas drivel and fire back with informed opinions based on reality. I never put anyone on ignore, that’s too boring for me personally. I love to hear everyone’s opinion, even though some are totally uniformed, lack basic intelligence and/or logic. Unfortunately we all speak from our asses at times, myself included, but that’s what makes this fun!

There always is a first time - and for me It's become obvious to me that this is it and it goes beyond hockey  - this person is beyond reproach in a bad way.  Like i said - i enjoyed the Gaurdian - and was a real fan of 189lbs who got way more flak then he deserved but haven't seen any posts from him for awhile.   I'm actually a very tolerant person with a very very long wick.   And used the ignore once for about a day and turned it off - i don't want to mute anyone - but the spam and  complete vitriol both overt and covert coming out of this one fan is way past just we suck.   If i could i'd do a full on Lowe Burke battle as decide this old school in a barn.    And get it taped.  And be happy to post it.   Three two minutes rounds, boxing gloves no head gear to make it easier - whoever wins doesn't ever start an account or make another post on this site ever.   I don't know what else I can do other then not coming on for awhile ... to shut him up because he is a bully that needs to shut his pie hole or just go back to whatever team site he's really from. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:
“Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.”– Vince Lombardi
“When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.”– Joe Namath
“Concentration comes out of a combination of confidence and hunger.”– Arnold Palmer

and then Blake Wheeler or Shea Weber or Adam Larson put you on your backside and reality kicks in -LMM

• Haha 1