The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

I know that

Its not alphabetical either

but do you think  they will be salivating over the 28th place Canuck roster?

Don’t see the Canucks getting cap relief - would expect them to take a UFA or a prospect for the AHL.  

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

There always is a first time - and for me It's become obvious to me that this is it and it goes beyond hockey  - this person is beyond reproach in a bad way.  Like i said - i enjoyed the Gaurdian - and was a real fan of 189lbs who got way more flak then he deserved but haven't seen any posts from him for awhile.   I'm actually a very tolerant person with a very very long wick.   And used the ignore once for about a day and turned it off - i don't want to mute anyone - but the spam and  complete vitriol both overt and covert coming out of this one fan is way past just we suck.   If i could i'd do a full on Lowe Burke battle as decide this old school in a barn.    And get it taped.  And be happy to post it.   Three two minutes rounds, boxing gloves no head gear to make it easier - whoever wins doesn't ever start an account or make another post on this site ever.  

I certainly hear the frustration, but will a beat down really change this person? I prefer to fight with intelligence and words. That will make them go away much quicker. I have not heard from @189lb enforcers? or @TheGuardian_ for quite some time either, but enjoyed their posts, especially 189’s. Further more, if I learned anything from my martial arts training it was patience. Cheers and peace.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I certainly hear the frustration, but will a beat down really change this person? I prefer to fight with intelligence and words. That will make them go away much quicker. I have not heard from @189lb enforcers? or @TheGuardian_ for quite some time either, but enjoyed their posts, especially 189’s. Further more, if I learned anything from my martial arts training it was patience. Cheers and peace.

ya, I learned that from my marrital arts training too

10 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Yes to all you've said.   I don't know - i'm probably overreacting - and also venting my frustrations on my own views on how a fan should act.   But come on - this guys is relentless.   I rarely post at all during the game - because i want to watch the play and the talking heads more then whatever ramblings going on in the CDC are, and i do appreciate the added value of sharing the joy when i do peak at it - and share the dissapointment after a loss too - because it's all laid out there almost play for play.   And won't be past an olive branch at all if this poster changes his/her tune either.   Grew up in a time where bullies existed and had many battles with them, not that i enjoy fighting but do see it has a purpose.  If we all layed over and just took the abuse - it won't stop will it?   And in the internet age the best way watch a troll disappear is just ignore them and not feed it. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lmm said:

and then Blake Wheeler or Shea Weber or Adam Larson put you on your backside and reality kicks in -LMM

Winners get back up and prove themselves. I prefer to withhold judgement for a few games. This young core we have is very talented and perhaps is going through growing pains, lack of confidence etc. It is not for lack of talent. I feel that they will figure it out eventually. 

You mentioned that we should not rely on outscoring our opposition, but I would argue that the fix is not bringing a new players like Shea Weber, Joel Edmondston or Chris Tanev  (would he even come back??lol) to solidify the defense. We have players that have the potential to become the "next".

• Vintage 3

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Stormy seas these days, team seems lost and hopeless. Kind of reminds me of that Vikings episode where Ubbe and his people were stranded at sea. 

A tough group of warriors all who jettisoned their dead overboard.......rather than eating their own<_<

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Ha, not sure if that counts, but I am thinking you might have learned some defensive techniques.

patience is better than defense when dealing with ones mate

its like writing e-mails when you are mad... better to wait overnight and edit/delete before pressing send

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good. 

I don't think the choice of goaltender will affect the outcome. Holtby is past his best and Demko hasn't yet reached his best. However, since Demko is obviously the No 1 going forward then it makes sense to work him hard, especially since it's a short season. What they both need is a solid D in front of them.

The loss on Tuesday was largely down to the 2 main failings: giveaways and failure to clear the puck from the D zone.

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

patience is better than defense when dealing with ones mate

its like writing e-mails when you are mad... better to wait overnight and edit/delete before pressing send

Saw your edit now. Also true. I don't respond in anger or with anger. Emotion can not be the driving factor.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Taphouse Canuck said:

I don't think the choice of goaltender will affect the outcome. Holtby is past his best and Demko hasn't yet reached his best. However, since Demko is obviously the No 1 going forward then it makes sense to work him hard, especially since it's a short season. What they both need is a solid D in front of them.

The loss on Tuesday was largely down to the 2 main failings: giveaways and failure to clear the puck from the D zone.

I will agree with that. However, it was the forward with the giveaways was it not?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

The choice of goaltender does affect the outcome, if the goaltender is dialed in and not thrown to the wolves by poorly defensive schemes drafted by a overpaid hack in Bumgardener.

• Haha 1