The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I really hope we don't scratch Juolevi. We're at the point where this season doesn't matter anymore and it would make sense to play our younger players and see their overall progression by seeing them in game action and learning from their mistakes.

Man its really rough the position Green is in. Without a contract, he is playing a roster to try and get an extension or a new contract elsewhere, and winning/turning the team around is his primary focus.

So it hurts Juolevi's chances and other young players from seeing a lot of ice time and opportunities, as Green has historically leaned on veterans to right the ship. Just a lot of disadvantages all around, cause this moment we need to see what we have in guys like Juolevi, Chatfield, Rafferty, Michaelis and etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Trend data suggests we will blow a 4 goal lead 

That's why they need 5 goals in the first period.  

Lol...

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Juolevi should be in the lineup, we need him playing. I think he could be a top 4 guy for us as quickly as sometime next season. 

Should give him minutes on the PK too.

• Hydration 3
5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

lol at whoever this guy wondering this.

Hardball from Canucks side includes not giving 4 years so that he doesn't walk to UFA. If not, that would be softball.

In fact, if it's any bridge deal and Canucks want to play hardball? Then, first item on the list is to ensure EP signs one more contract with us after the next one.

Simply put, the word hardball and 4 year deal to let him walk to UFA shouldn't be used together.

• Hydration 3
18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Juolevi should be in the lineup, we need him playing. I think he could be a top 4 guy for us as quickly as sometime next season. 

I remember him having one of his best games of the season after he came back from a healthy scratch at the end of Jan... perhaps the coaching staff thinks that is something he really needs in order to keep taking big steps? 

Doesn't really make much sense to me but just trying to think of the reasoning behind what everyone seems to clearly think is a dumb move...

34 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I am going to put together words that have never been put together o this forum before:

I like those lines.

its about time. Proposed this in a thread before start of season

Strength down the middle:

Pettersson, Horvat, J.T Miller, Beagle

• Hydration 1
13 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Man its really rough the position Green is in. Without a contract, he is playing a roster to try and get an extension or a new contract elsewhere, and winning/turning the team around is his primary focus.

So it hurts Juolevi's chances and other young players from seeing a lot of ice time and opportunities, as Green has historically leaned on veterans to right the ship. Just a lot of disadvantages all around, cause this moment we need to see what we have in guys like Juolevi, Chatfield, Rafferty, Michaelis and etc.

But that's what a dunce Travis is. OJ actually gives the team a better chance to win in how OJ moves the puck. OJ should actually be getting a look on the second unit PP imho. Done with Green and his staff. 

• Huggy Bear 1
2 minutes ago, khay said:

lol at whoever this guy wondering this.

Hardball from Canucks side includes not giving 4 years so that he doesn't walk to UFA. If not, that would be softball.

In fact, if it's any bridge deal and Canucks want to play hardball? Then, first item on the list is to ensure EP signs one more contract with us after the next one.

Simply put, the word hardball and 4 year deal to let him walk to UFA shouldn't be used together.

U think Benning is good at hard Balling? It is widely reported that other teams were offering Beagle 1 year @ 1m-1.5m and inept idiot  foes out and gives him 4*3m

• Sad 1
13 minutes ago, Squamfan said:
jI

Jim Benning should not be anywhere near the Petterson negotiation 

Smells like typical Vancouver media negative spin sensationalism, I'm not gonna worry about it 

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I remember him having one of his best games of the season after he came back from a healthy scratch at the end of Jan... perhaps the coaching staff thinks that is something he really needs in order to keep taking big steps? 

Doesn't really make much sense to me but just trying to justify what seems to everyone like a dumb move...

Yeah, right after he scored a goal if I recall correctly 

If Juolevi's scratched it means Green is likely leaning on vets to try and right the ship, which I think is a mistake

Season is pretty much lost at this point 

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

U think Benning is good at hard Balling? It is widely reported that other teams were offering Beagle 1 year @ 1m-1.5m and inept idiot  foes out and gives him 4*3m

JB is great at hard balling RFAs.

Exhibit A Horvat, Exhibit B Boeser.

His issue is with UFAs and his unwillingness to walk away from those that price themselves out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Just now, 24K PureCool said:

JB is great at hard balling RFAs.

Exhibit A Horvat, Exhibit B Boeser.

His issue is with UFAs and his unwillingness to walk away from those that price themselves out.

JB at an auction with an American Epxress platinum card would be downright scary. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Smells like typical Vancouver media negative spin sensationalism, I'm not gonna worry about it 

Yeah, right after he scored a goal if I recall correctly 

If Juolevi's scratched it means Green is likely leaning on vets to try and right the ship, which I think is a mistake

Season is pretty much lost at this point 

I feel like he was scratched for a single game a little while before that, and then I remember his next game he looked really good and physical. Not sure if it was the time he was scratched after the goal because he sat a # of games after that.. 

Totally agree with you about leaning on the vets being a mistake... that's been a storyline nearly every season since '12 now I think..

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Whether he is good at hard balling is irrelevant.

The point is, the word hardball shouldn't be used as causing for the scenario in which EP signs a 4 year deal. That scenario in which EP signs a 4 year deal is opposite of hardball play by Canucks; it's more like Canucks succumbing to hardball play by EP's camp.

The journalist that is reporting this has very poor logic is what I'm pointing out.

• Hydration 2
36 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

i think hes already a top four guy for us to bad im not coach 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN