The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Smells like typical Vancouver media negative spin sensationalism, I'm not gonna worry about it 

Yeah, right after he scored a goal if I recall correctly 

If Juolevi's scratched it means Green is likely leaning on vets to try and right the ship, which I think is a mistake

Season is pretty much lost at this point 

ya its over. green doesnt get why we lose it isnt the youth its the vets but here comes a high draft pick 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EmilyM said:

I am going to put together words that have never been put together o this forum before:

I like those lines.

I'm okay with trying those lines and experimenting a bit, but there's no way OJ should not be playing tomorrow night. 

Edit: Unless it's a maintenance day and to see where Hamonic is at. Otherwise, he needs and deserves the time on the ice. He hasn't played much over the past 2 years.

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

The overall bad juju from the so-called fans of this team is disgusting. Let’s see what happens before we push everyone under the bus ffs.

This is the seventh year. With the cap problems we have that continue into next season, it's likely that - barring us paying people to take our bad contracts or paying major assets for win now players - next season will be similar to this one.

Benning said we would be competitive in year 4 or 5 and that things would turn around quickly. Why are people okay with waiting for year nine to see if a guy who's struggled with pro-level decisions can do well? I don't get it.

Post lock-out, there has been no GM with a longer leash than Jim Benning.

How are fans being "disgusting" when you consider they want accountability for the GM and front office with the longest leash relative to organizational performance?

How long should the fans wait to see what happens? Nine years from his hiring date? That's double what he projected himself.

Edited by Tom Sestito

41 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

JB is great at hard balling RFAs.

Exhibit A Horvat, Exhibit B Boeser.

His issue is with UFAs and his unwillingness to walk away from those that price themselves out.

True. But he did walk away from signing Markstrom to that albatross contract with the NMC. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

This is the seventh year. With the cap problems we have that continue into next season, it's likely that - barring us paying people to take our bad contracts or paying major assets for win now players - next season will be similar to this one.

Benning said we would be competitive in year 4 or 5 and that things would turn around quickly. Why are people okay with waiting for year nine to see if a guy who's struggled with pro-level decisions can do well? I don't get it.

Post lock-out, there has been no GM with a longer leash than Jim Benning.

How are fans being "disgusting" when you consider they want accountability for the GM and front office with the longest leash relative to organizational performance?

How long should the fans wait to see what happens? Nine years from his hiring date? That's double what he projected himself.

Bahhh

• Cheers 1

Genius coach that is presently on 10 loss out of 12 game streak can at least hang on to the fact he is developing young players

...wait

he is sitting OJ for zero reason 

he is playing roussel for zero reason

Ok forget the part about developing players, he is just basically useless 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Genius coach that is presently on 10 loss out of 12 game streak can at least hang on to the fact he is developing young players

...wait

he is sitting OJ for zero reason 

he is playing roussel for zero reason

Ok forget the part about developing players, he is just basically useless 

Don't forget, he "developed" Jake too. :rolleyes: He is on a roll.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I really hope we don't scratch Juolevi. We're at the point where this season doesn't matter anymore and it would make sense to play our younger players and see their overall progression by seeing them in game action and learning from their mistakes.

Juolevi and MacEwen should be playing over Hamonic and Roussel. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Remember, this is the coach that thought LE was still a legit NHL player. B)

Well he is a legit NHL 4th line winger.  Just something you only pay the NHL minimum wage for (and ain't even referring to the term of his contract).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well he is a legit NHL 4th line winger.  Just something you only pay the NHL minimum wage for (and ain't even referring to the term of his contract).

At least he doesn't think he is a Top 6 player anymore so there is that..............::D

• Cheers 1