The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Can’t wait till players like Roussel, Beagle, Eriksson, Sutter and their contracts expire. It opens up more cap flexibility for JB to work with and contract offers for Petey and Huggy Bear. We can also use it to sign low risk, high reward bottom 6 players. I wish we can turn this year around but if we don’t, play the kids more and develop their overall game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

I feel like he was scratched for a single game a little while before that, and then I remember his next game he looked really good and physical. Not sure if it was the time he was scratched after the goal because he sat a # of games after that.. 

Totally agree with you about leaning on the vets being a mistake... that's been a storyline nearly every season since '12 now I think..

Yeah, that was when Chatfield got in and CDC thought he was actually showing well until that disastrous Toronto game. I still think Chatfield could be a useful depth D.

Juolevi's part of the solution going forward, he's actually looked really good while playing under questionable D coach. Can only imagine he'll get better as time goes on, and look better playing for better coaching staff. Sitting him at this point is a mistake. 

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

i think hes already a top four guy for us to bad im not coach 

He looks good out there, no question. 

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

ya its over. green doesnt get why we lose it isnt the youth its the vets but here comes a high draft pick 

This might not be the worst season to do poorly. Free up some cap, get a top prospect, get some guys some experience, deal with the expansion draft and Petey/Hughes contracts. You've gotta think we're better next season, hopefully under a new coaching staff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

All aboard.   This is the Canucks we are watching.   We all know that a few weeks before the end of the season we will be sitting around 3/4th, then go on a run and finish around 10-12.  Slow Motion Deal With It GIF

Moral victories. You can never have enough...if you're satisfied never having a cup.

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I really want to see Jake under a new coach, here or elsewhere, just to see how he responds.

I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday 

he has had his pro hockey life under Wille and Green, thats not a formula for success

Green’s days are numbered so why not wait and see if a real coach can develop Jake?

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Can’t wait till players like Roussel, Beagle, Eriksson, Sutter and their contracts expire. It opens up more cap flexibility for JB to work with and contract offers for Petey and Huggy Bear. We can also use it to sign low risk, high reward bottom 6 players. I wish we can turn this year around but if we don’t, play the kids more and develop their overall game. 

Yeah and hopefully, JB has learned to not give too much terms with bottom six players.  

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I really want to see Jake under a new coach, here or elsewhere, just to see how he responds.

Only way to find out if it is the roster or the staff is to try this (same) roster with a new coach (Montreal was very decisive when they let Julien go). Of course, if they waited till the end of the season the roster will have some changes but the core will be the same..

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Only way to find out if it is the roster or the staff is to try this (same) roster with a new coach (Montreal was very decisive when they let Julien go). Of course, if they waited till the end of the season the roster will have some changes but the core will be the same..

For the most part I like our team, we have some great talent, I want to see our core under new coaching, I don’t believe we’re anywhere near as bad as our record suggests.

Just now, billabong said:

I just want to see this team to try some new things, is that too much to ask?!

i did a thing GIF

Starting with the line combinations, and I am not talking about his "mish mash" he decides to try every once in awhile where this happens for a few shifts and then back to the regular lines. What a waste of time. 

I seen Edler and Hughes play well together last night I wonder if other combos get tried? 

So frustrating.

• Cheers 1