The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

15 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

For the most part I like our team, we have some great talent, I want to see our core under new coaching, I don’t believe we’re anywhere near as bad as our record suggests.

Yeah and based on just reading the forum, there seems to be mostly two sides to the teams struggle: coaching change or more roster tweaking.   

31 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Worst thing is pulling  for Toronto.  I feel so cheap.

The best thing I could possibly imagine is that they have a bench clearing brawl and beat the tar out of each other. :lol:

Edit: Which I've mentioned before.

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ohmy said:

I think Greens loyalty will cost him his job. Loyalty to veterans and his coaching staff. Baumer is a good D coach in the AHL but not the NHL. Newell Browns PP is stagnant and rarely works anymore. Roussel has made as many boneheaded plays as Virtanen but continues to play. I'd rather pull Rooster out and run with 7 D if it keeps Juolevi in. 

tenor (9).gif

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I really want to see Jake under a new coach, here or elsewhere, just to see how he responds.

I'm not a huge Jake fanboy, but I've always supported our prospects and wished them all the best. I actually suggested last year to give him a one year 'do or die' contract to show his worth when everyone here was discussing his value and what to sign him at. 

But I agree, it's possible that because him and Green have a long history when he was coaching in Utica, it could be more intense than it needs to be. I know firsthand, if any boss was micro-managing me and pushing my buttons for too long - there would be a major problem. When you are playing in the best league in the world and have a chance to make an exceptional living - you have to bite your tongue, to some degree. 

Jake is responsible for his own results, it would be interesting to see how he plays out under a new coach, whether here or elsewhere. 

I'd rather give him his last last chance here. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Can’t wait till players like Roussel, Beagle, Eriksson, Sutter and their contracts expire. It opens up more cap flexibility for JB to work with and contract offers for Petey and Huggy Bear. We can also use it to sign low risk, high reward bottom 6 players. I wish we can turn this year around but if we don’t, play the kids more and develop their overall game. 

An inexpensive 4th line ELC would be Woo, 11/7 arrangement. Just tell him to hit.

38 minutes ago, sockeye said:

LE was a very legit NHL player when Benning signed him.  At the time, our fan base (me too) felt we had won the lottery because lots of teams wanted LE when he became a UFA.  There was no reason to think otherwise.  LE had a great season the year before and he had shown good chemistry with the Sedins in international tournaments.  Needless, to say, it didn't work out.

The problem is that we are still trying to be "the Sedin's team" , playing 60 minutes is optional, hitting or playing aggressive is optional and we live or die with our star players. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, sockeye said:

LE was a very legit NHL player when Benning signed him.  At the time, our fan base (me too) felt we had won the lottery because lots of teams wanted LE when he became a UFA.  There was no reason to think otherwise.  LE had a great season the year before and he had shown good chemistry with the Sedins in international tournaments.  Needless, to say, it didn't work out.

The amount of revisionism by the fans is really sad.

If we really believe in cancel culture, we could pull out that thread and see how many people bashed the hell out of the Pettersson pick....

• Cheers 2