The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes but as a center you are supposed to be able to distribute the puck. A secondary assist at this point should have happened at some point. He just doesn't create things for his linemates.

And yet he is, I've found him to be quite noticeable in the offensive zone these last few games. His lack of assists is like Gaudette's lack of production, not for lack of effort or chances. Sometimes that's just how it goes. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

So when the habs lose to them they're a good team by your standards. When we lose to them it's on the coaching staff?

I would not have let Julien go 

i like Julien, proven winner that had his team in a playoff position 

bergevin sacrificed julien the same way Gillis sacrificed AV  

we on the other hand have a minor league coach who took over from another minor league coach 

2 very different circumstances 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes but as a center you are supposed to be able to distribute the puck. A secondary assist at this point should have happened at some point. He just doesn't create things for his linemates.

Neither does horvat, I definitely prefer a playmaking center but if you don't have that there needs to be a playmaker on the wing. Something we lack on multiple lines, passing is a huge problem for this team.

4 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Why would a coach put hawryluk and Hamonic both into the same game for the first time since they have both been off for a month?  What? Maybe see one come in and adjust first before playing the next another game? He sat both OJ Mac to do it as well.  Boy oh boy.

All about playing vets over young guys...jeez

Yeah OJ needs back in. And is rather see Mac as well. Hamonic looks good with Hughes (So Far) Benn should come out. Team needs OJ in their future so play him. He’s been absolutely fine 

5 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

My dad killed himself when I was 5. I kept it secret for almost 3/4 of my life. I’m glad that this stuff is being taken seriously cause back in the 80’s when my dad passed, there was a lot of shame attached to it. Before, and after. 

That's a huge burden to carry....so sorry that you've had to endure that.

It's so true...you had to suck it up back then.  Especially for men..."be a man" BS.  Like showing feelings was a sign of weakness when, really, it's a sign of strength.

I'm sorry your Dad lost the battle.  I had friends who did too.

• Thanks 1