The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Hot start for Montreal, then cooled down coach Juillian got tossed fired, now those guys knows when to give up.  No wonder they have like 10 stanley cups compare to us 0.  If u ain't a winner you are fired. No if  and butts.  Man Montreal was reading in our forums. Followed our insight fired there coach then hired burrows 

Edited by aznmonk

3 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I think he likes Vancouver a little too much. He needs to get away from his friends, his 1,000 IG hunnies, the Roxy. He needs to get away to a new place, away from the distractions of living in (near) his hometown and decide what he wants for his career

If that’s the case then the issue is him and you can’t run from yourself, don't think a change of scenery would help then, might even make thing worse.

2 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Hot start for Montreal, then cooled down coach Juillian got tossed fired, now those guys knows when to give up.  No wonder they have like 10 stanley cups compare to us 0.  If u ain't a winner you are fired. No if  and butts.  Man Montreal was reading in our forums. Followed our insight fired there coach then hired burrows 

24, but who’s counting?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm really hoping Tram comes back, guess we'll have to wait and see 

A lot of people talk about Triamkin coming back as a high quality addition to the team but I wonder how many have actually followed his play over this and last seson. For anyone who has followed him closely I would love an honest and objective opinion as to whether he is likely to live up to expectations or will we  end up with another LE?

• Cheers 1

I'm going to make a BOLD prediction;

9-1 Canucks 

Virtanen scores all 9. 

EDM GM gets Benning on the phone immediately after the game to offer up McDavid for Jake, LE,  and a 3rd round pick  in a sweetheart deal. The Vancouver media goes nuts. How could Benning give up a 3rd?! He's selling the future! They'd say. ::D

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

In a strange way Burrows hired is like a huge middle finger to Julien for everything that was said during the 2011 playoffs. 

55 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

They actually have 24 Stanley Cup wins but you were only off by a couple so you get a pass...

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

42 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

In a strange way Burrows hired is like a huge middle finger to Julien for everything that was said during the 2011 playoffs. 

Burrows was already in the Canadiens system as an assistant coach with their AHL team, the Laval Rockets

1 hour ago, longsuffering said:

A lot of people talk about Triamkin coming back as a high quality addition to the team but I wonder how many have actually followed his play over this and last seson. For anyone who has followed him closely I would love an honest and objective opinion as to whether he is likely to live up to expectations or will we  end up with another LE?

You should poke your head into the Tryamkin thread in the prospects section if you haven't, most actual information regarding his progress and news doesn't tend to make it's way out of there much 

It's def the thread to stay on top of if you're curious about him, same goes for the Podz thread 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Squamfan said:

U think Benning is good at hard Balling? It is widely reported that other teams were offering Beagle 1 year @ 1m-1.5m and inept idiot  foes out and gives him 4*3m

It was actually widely reported that the Canucks were close at 3 years 2.25 or 2.35 with Beagle. But two other teams upped there offers and Beagle said he would only come (to a team that was this bad at the time)  for my guess is 4 years 3 million, the contract he signed. 

Also, just spitballing but I wonder if Juolevi coming out has anything to do with load management? I know it might sound crazy but its in the NBA all the time now. He hasn't played much hockey the last two years and I wonder if the Canucks fear he's at risk of an injury if he plays to many minutes/games in a row. Just a thought, might be out to lunch tho or maybe I'm just finding ways to tell myself Green isn't this stupid.?

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Also, just spitballing but I wonder if Juolevi coming out has anything to do with load management? I know it might sound crazy but its in the NBA all the time now. He hasn't played much hockey the last two years and I wonder if the Canucks fear he's at risk of an injury if he plays to many minutes/games in a row. Just a thought, might be out to lunch tho or maybe I'm just finding ways to tell myself Green isn't this stupid.?

I'm not saying Green is a supercoach, but he knows as well as anyone that Juolevi is not the issue. It is actually smart to manage the load for a young player that has been prone to injury. It is also smart to bring Hamonic back into rotation and get him some game time for a change. He may be a decent option next season but we don't really know what we have there and whether he has chemistry with our team until he has played a chunk of games. The Canucks won't make the playoffs, so may as well use this season to make some informed decisions for next season.