The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] LeBrun: Benning seeking a young top-9 forward for the Canucks

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Nah but maybe Gaud’s playing with Miller and Virtanen’s playing in the top 6 for a reason?

It’s a stretch but who knows.

what is the over-under for shifts in the top six for Jake?

5.33?

do you think he finishes the first on the first?

gonna be interesting to see how Greener gets a top 6 forward to play 6:09

• Haha 1

Wouldn't have happened 1-2 years ago but wonder if two struggling forwards could be exchanged

Gaudette + pick for Sissons?

Also makes Sutter expendable next year ; hometown center ; Nashville gets younger for their refresh ; Benning continues this ol' rebuild on the fly- whether or not we agree with it, probably is going to continue for now

Just now, lmm said:

what is the over-under for shifts in the top six for Jake?

5.33?

do you think he finishes the first on the first?

gonna be interesting to see how Greener gets a top 6 forward to play 6:09

He’s starting with Bo so who knows. 

Greener usually doesn’t make significant changes to the top 6, let alone dropping Miller to the 3rd, so this is different. 

Could revert back after 1 period for all I know. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Greener usually doesn’t make significant changes to the top 6, let alone dropping Miller to the 3rd, so this is different. 

I'm going with the under

11 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

It has made me curious why both JV and Gaud have fallen off a cliff at the same time.  36 pts Virt last year. 33 points Gaud last year. Gaud played Centre last year.

Both had a poor playoffs.  Then both completely disappear this year.

I don't get it.  I am asking if anyone has heard anything about coaching with these guys this year.  Is there a reason why two up and coming players have completely evaporated.  i mean when does this happen 36 and 33 points down to 2 and 1 point.  I cant remember that happening to two players at the same time without any explanation.

WTF?

Virtanens shooting percentage and IPP (Percentage of points he gets when he is on the ice) were both unsustainably high last year, especially in the first couple months of the season.

Gaudette meanwhile has a historically low shooting percentage right now, but he is creating chances, I anticipate him to get more points soon.

Just now, Tony Romo said:

Virtanens shooting percentage and IPP (Percentage of points he gets when he is on the ice) were both unsustainably high last year, especially in the first couple months of the season.

Gaudette meanwhile has a historically low shooting percentage right now, but he is creating chances, I anticipate him to get more points soon.

Good points and I agree with Gaud having upside.  But in the context of this thread if you believe the report that JB is looking for an under 25 top 9 fwd it really is a question.  Do they believe both of these guys are done and there is no one in the system?

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Bo's line usually starts the game, plays the 3rd shift then 7th and 10th

I think Jake is back on Beagles line by shift 12