The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] LeBrun: Benning seeking a young top-9 forward for the Canucks

So he’s looking to add Adam gaudette or JV.

Sounds like a trade for the sake  of making  a trade.

Beagle  AR Myers edler Pearson sutter le Benn bearcheese are the guys that should be getting shopped. 
I realize the value of most of that list is next to nothing but with sutter playing well for the first time in 4 years ( contract year shocking) 

pearson consistent play

playoff gms looking for depths could trade away say for example a madden and a pick for a 10 game rental. 

Then again Jim likes to see ufas leave for nothing 

hope Jim gets fired when the season ends .

owners shouldnt allow him to further damage this club by trading gaudette JV or any picks. 
he can trade some if trash he’s brought in if he can find someone dumber than himself so in other words no deals. 

Edited by combover
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Defensive play for fwds has a definite intelligence element, but on defense it always has and always will be overwhelmingly about size and strength.

Guess Colorado has got it wrong too then. This ain’t the 90s. Things have changed dramatically. Cant just be big. Intelligence, mobility, gaps and positioning make a good defencemen. 

A good team has a balance of size, mobility, intelligence throughout their top 6. Very few big defencemen in the league have all these traits.

Finding a balance on you’re blue line is the key to success 

50 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Baumer has to go or the whole coaching staff will be gone soon

Baumer is still early in his coaching career and seems to not have the back bone to bench the vets. Although, with his deployment he has made some of them alot of $ despite any team success.  This why I argued, that the FA's in our d core should all be allowed to walk (or offered a one year take it/leave deal) and Myers be exposed in the ED.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

8 hours ago, stawns said:

I love Hughes, but he's not a #1 dman.  You can't be one dimensional and be the guy the team leans on.

He's not a #1 yet. However, he will get better defensively. The kid is too smart not to succeed in his league. My point was you don't give up on a defensemen of Quinn Hughes' caliber for an unknown. You can't get a player like Hughes unless you draft them, or you sign them to a boat anchor contract at 27/28 and they're already past their prime (Erik Karlsson)

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

He's not a #1 yet. However, he will get better defensively. The kid is too smart not to succeed in his league. My point was you don't give up on a defensemen of Quinn Hughes' caliber for an unknown. You can't get a player like Hughes unless you draft them, or you sign them to a boat anchor contract at 27/28 and they're already past their prime (Erik Karlsson)

Question

Just wondering, If we never had a Offensive Defenseman (before Quinn) who would be a liability on defense

, Why didn't we ever try putting Goldy or some other offensive forward back there, that we had no room for up front?

58 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Sure.. if Oilers offer us Mcdavid for EP I'll pay for EPs uber ride.

But realistically speaking EP Hughes Horvat not going anywhere. 

Realistically would you do Eichal & Dahlin for Hughes & Pettersson?

1 hour ago, gurn said:

If I'm Canuck GM, yes.

hell no dahlin a good young dman but eichel makes almost mcdavid money id rather sign petey and hughes to long term deals  they have more upside as they hit 23-27. Dahlin def a great dman but his development in sabres is hurting his career id beg to be tradecout of there

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Question

Just wondering, If we never had a Offensive Defenseman (before Quinn) who would be a liability on defense

, Why didn't we ever try putting Goldy or some other offensive forward back there, that we had no room for up front?

:picard: Go cheer for another team if you think Hughes is a liability. The whole team has been hot trash this season. If you let 20 games change your perspective on a franchise player thank god you aren't in a management position in hockey

35 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

:picard: Go cheer for another team if you think Hughes is a liability. The whole team has been hot trash this season. If you let 20 games change your perspective on a franchise player thank god you aren't in a management position in hockey

Can you comprehend at all? 

Your reply had nothing to do with what i asked

BTW the before Hughes reference should have clued you in 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Question

Jyrki Lumme. 

He was very gifted offensively but had massive brain farts constantly. Got caught pinching a ton and coughed up the puck a bunch but he made up for it with his creativity.

That being said Quinn is on another level offensively.

26 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Question 

How would Hughes do with Galant as coach.

Would be curious to know as well. 

Also, I wonder if some of our slumping players this season would do well under Gallant and his system? 

How is Green and Gallant different in their coaching and systems? 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Question

what is your point? are you saying we should trade Hughes? If it comes to that, we should also trade Petersson and Boeser too and rebuild again because that is what you are suggesting. Hughes drives our offense, you get rid of him then who will provide offense and be a PP QB for us? Myers? Benn? give me a break. This is as assinine as saying Boeser or Miller should be traded since they are a liability when it comes to defense. Canucks would have a worst record than Sens if Hughes was not here, trust me. We lack offense already, we dont need to reduce it even more. You were probably the guy that praised Hughes last year.

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

In a new York minute

I probably have a hard time since Hughes is better than Dahlin. I think Petersson will improve but Eichel is also a franchise player. The value is even given the potential. We would get the better forward now, and give up the better D.

• Cheers 1