The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] LeBrun: Benning seeking a young top-9 forward for the Canucks

26 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

no its coaching  issue u dont got from 36 points to 1  for no reason

Who said for no reason? The players are simply playing poorly. 

5'9 Nils Hoglander has more points than either of Virtanen or Gaudette with 9 as a rookie at the moment. Boeser is tied for 3rd in most goals scored this season amongst all players. This is under the same coaching staff under the same circumstances this year. 

Also mind you, those 36 and 33 points they got were achieved under this same coaching staff as well. 

So yeah. The ONLY possibly is that coaching is causing Virtanen and Gaudette's lack of production.

There's no such thing as player accountability right? lol.

Give your head a shake. 

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

5'9 Nils Hoglander has more points than either of Virtanen or Gaudette with 9 as a rookie at the moment. Boeser is tied for 3rd in most goals scored this season amongst all players. This is under the same coaching staff under the same circumstances this year. 

Also mind you, those 36 and 33 points they got were achieved under this same coaching staff as well. 

So yeah. The ONLY possibly is that coaching is causing Virtanen and Gaudette's lack of production.

Give your head a shake. 

watev  the whole teams not performing  reason we plummeting to bottom 3 teams when games played evens up  2 wins in 13 is on coaching and systems   watch the team will continue to lose 

6 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Good points and I agree with Gaud having upside.  But in the context of this thread if you believe the report that JB is looking for an under 25 top 9 fwd it really is a question.  Do they believe both of these guys are done and there is no one in the system?

Podkilzin,  coming soon to a canuck near you, 

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Except for teams trying to unload a player they can't protect at the ED.  They'll be wanting to get something (likely a pic or prospect for the player).

It could be a windfall if the Nucks could pick up a good FW, if they decide only protect 6 they can add the new guy.

I think this theory is overrated. Most teams will make their protection list of their best players and then lose their best unprotected player (either their 8th best fwd, 4th best Dman, 2nd best goalie or 9th best skater). The team is unlikely to want to trade for a lesser asset from the Canucks in order to lose the best unprotected player to the Canucks, plus lose their second best unprotected player to Seattle (i.e. lose two good players for the return of a pick or prospect). Doesn’t make sense to me at all.

Can you give an example of a team and player that could be a realistic target for the Canucks?

6 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Give your head a shake. 

I'd bet Jake would have just as many points as Hog if he had the same linemates and ice time as consistently as Hog has.  Don't get me wrong, I love Hogs, but he's been gifted a pretty sweet spot 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I'd bet Jake would have just as many points as Hog if he had the same linemates and ice time as consistently as Hog has.  Don't get me wrong, I love Hogs, but he's been gifted a pretty sweet spot 

Sadly, nothing Jake has shown this year indicates that to be accurate.

I've checked out on the kid he is essentially a taller Wellwood for all his work ethic on the ice

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sadly, nothing Jake has shown this year indicates that to be accurate.

I've checked out on the kid he is essentially a taller Wellwood for all his work ethic on the ice

How do we know, he never gets a chance for more than a period, regardless of how he plays.  Green has completely destroyed him and any confidence he ever had.

He was probably the best fwd for two periods last night, then gets put on the 4th line for the third.........for what reason?  He was all over the ice and had the only good scoring chances on the team.  Why would you punish him for that?

If Green doesn't go, Jake has to and some team is going to get a steal

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

I think this theory is overrated. Most teams will make their protection list of their best players and then lose their best unprotected player (either their 8th best fwd, 4th best Dman, 2nd best goalie or 9th best skater). The team is unlikely to want to trade for a lesser asset from the Canucks in order to lose the best unprotected player to the Canucks, plus lose their second best unprotected player to Seattle (i.e. lose two good players for the return of a pick or prospect). Doesn’t make sense to me at all.

Can you give an example of a team and player that could be a realistic target for the Canucks?

I was thinking of TB.  They have a lot of good FWs, (8 are signed above the $4.5 mark), which means they could lose one of: Johnson, Cirelli, Kilhorn, plus a bunch of RFAs including Mathieu (who is looks promising).

In the D department, they are also looking to possibly lose one of Cernak or Foote (both RDs).

I haven't looked at other teams, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of them are running into similar problems.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Im trying to not get you wrong.... but “gifted” is definitely wrong. Hogs EARNED his TOI and line combos.

• Cheers 3