The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The poultryfication of Jake Virtanen

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

Jake “the Duck” Virtanen?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

LOL...on an empty net (The only way he can ...........like Lucky Loui) Hahaha......

I Guess he won't have to face the embarrassment of being tied with some goalies for points - now that he has a whole 5 points (count 'em 5)................hahahahaha !!!!!!!!!

P.S.: You can bet the house that he won't be in a Canucks uniform ever again after May 19th!  (Maybe TG will take Jake with him - wherever he ends up after this season!    That would be "Too funny".)

I want to see Jake away from Green, yeah, I agree everything points to the fact he’s lazy and dumb but you don’t get to the NHL being lazy and dumb, I like Jake and I still have a tinge of hope for him but he needs a change, I sure hope I’m right but sadly believe I’m probably not.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I want to see Jake away from Green, yeah, I agree everything points to the fact he’s lazy and dumb but you don’t get to the NHL being lazy and dumb, I like Jake and I still have a tinge of hope for him but he needs a change, I sure hope I’m right but sadly believe I’m probably not.

Well to be honest I'm as disappointed as you and many others are with Lazy Jake but what really p'd me off was JB letting TT walk out on us so he could resign Jake when he should have traded him for Jake and the Teams sake.  That was the last straw for me and why my blood pressure goes up watching him float around like a cork out there.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well to be honest I'm as disappointed as you and many others are with Lazy Jake but what really p'd me off was JB letting TT walk out on us so he could resign Jake when he should have traded him for Jake and the Teams sake.  That was the last straw for me and why my blood pressure goes up watching him float around like a cork out there.

Letting TT go was a mistake but not Jakes fault, even still they’re screwing with him, no consistency on how he’s treated, tough to work like that. One day he’s benched, next day he’s first line, 1 period later he’s water boy, backed to benched, then starting. IMHO Jake is proof of our crappy coaching/management more that him being lazy but until he either has a new coach or a new team we won’t know for certain.

I like Jake. I suspect he will carve out a decent NHL career. I don’t know if it is because he is lazy, mistreated, due to wrong deployment or what the problem really is. What I do feel very strongly is that when he figures it out, it will not be while wearing a Canucks jersey. Blaming the loss on Toffoli on him is like blaming Markstrom leaving for Petey’s injury. Different choices both crappy. Mark my words, Jake will score a bunch of goals against us before the end of his career but it is time to let him move on. 

1 hour ago, Amebushi said:

I like Jake. I suspect he will carve out a decent NHL career. I don’t know if it is because he is lazy, mistreated, due to wrong deployment or what the problem really is. What I do feel very strongly is that when he figures it out, it will not be while wearing a Canucks jersey. Blaming the loss on Toffoli on him is like blaming Markstrom leaving for Petey’s injury. Different choices both crappy. Mark my words, Jake will score a bunch of goals against us before the end of his career but it is time to let him move on. 

I agree

Roussel, Eriksson, Luongo cap hit, Baerstchi cap hit, Spooner cap hit and arguably Beagle and Sutter (although I think we needed at leat 1 of the 2 centres) is the reason we lost Toffoli

Picking on Jake when we literally have millions in the Pressbox or not even on the roster seems wrong.

• Like 1