The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brett Connolly, Alex Stalock

3 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Connolly has 2 years left making 3.5 million. Last year he had 19 goals and 14 assists in 69 games. From Prince George as well so I wonder if Canucks would have any interest in a deal. 

musicssilentsalarycap.jpg

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Connolly has 2 years left making 3.5 million. Last year he had 19 goals and 14 assists in 69 games. From Prince George as well so I wonder if Canucks would have any interest in a deal. 

what's happened to him this year? wonder what the drop off is about. 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Connelly, Gudas, and a 3rd

for

Virtanen, Beagle, and Baertschi

get it done!   :) 

To shed some cap term we should trade Roussel instead of Baertschi (pending UFA, just let his contract expire or flip for a low pick if any takers) but I like this idea.

Potential top-6 plus a solid defensive D-man signed for cheap ($2.5 mil per) and a pick for 2 floaters and a defensive pillar who gets cratered in his own end.
Jake's at $2.55 and could top $3 million in his next deal (sure hope it's not with us); while we get more money and term back in Connolly at least we only have to bury 1 player (Gudas should have some good years left if he's done good maintenance) instead of $6 million that's offering limited returns so far.

Edited by Phil_314
  • Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

To shed some cap term we should trade Roussel instead of Baertschi (pending UFA, just let his contract expire or flip for a low pick if any takers) but I like this idea.

Potential top-6 plus a solid defensive D-man signed for cheap ($2.5 mil per) and a pick for 2 floaters and a defensive pillar who gets cratered in his own end.
Jake's at $2.55 and could top $3 million in his next deal (sure hope it's not with us); while we get more money and term back in Connolly at least we only have to bury 1 player (Gudas should have some good years left if he's done good maintenance) instead of $6 million that's offering limited returns so far.

That would be better for us.. but I also wanted to make it something Florida would be more likely to consider.

If they agreed to your deal, great.

Would be open to acquiring Connolly via trade after he clears...as long as we can send someone with term back the other way. 2 more years at 3.5m is still quite a bit in a flat cap so I would also be asking FLA to retain to lower the cap hit.

Remember now, Connolly 3.5m cap hit for 2 more years after this season. Toffoli 4.25m cap hit for 3 more years, so acquiring Brett would make Management really not know what they are doing....

24 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Wonder if a team like Buffalo puts in a claim on Stalock with Ullmark out. Or maybe Chicago as a backup upgrade over Subban/Delia. He's a lot easier to accommodate under a team's cap than Connolly will be.

Decent chance Stalock gets claimed if a team like Buffalo wants an upgrade it makes sense for them to put in a claim

11 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

Not at all. Loved playing with him. Always stood up for me. Awesome teammate and friend. I remember playing Mission and they were all huge in peewee. We both ended up getting a gross misconduct because he was the only one that helped me after getting cross checked from behind. 

Looch is a beauty yet to hear a bad story from a teammate of his. 

• Hydration 2