The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Filthy McNasty said:

if you are wondering why our record is what it is, look at these bottom six stats, the work load is on the top 6 game in and game out 
Roussell - GP-23 G-1 A-2 PT-3 

Beagle - GP-24 G-1 A-4 PT-5

Gaudette - GP-20 G-2 A-0 PT-2

Virtanen - GP-19 G-1 A-0 PT-1

just for giggles 

SAM GAGNE - GP-16 G-4 A-2 PT-6

That's still more goals than Eichel, Hall and Skinner combined. We are bad but our top players are not Eichel/Hall/Skinner bad.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Eriksson is not giving up 6 million $ would you buying him out is their only option to get rid of him , Roussel the owner will not buy out so your stuck with him. Unless Seattle takes him . Yah Jim has us set up nicely LOL 

you know eriksson only gets 1 mill signjng bonus and 3 mill salary  i see him  taking bonus and then instead of playing in ahl  void contract because he actually might wanna play regular minutes in nhl i could be wrong but no hes not owed 6mill. thats just his cap hit 

The positive thing is that this club has the higher end talent in place. It is the meat and potato's that needs to be upgraded. Bottom six and defensive D men. Plus a little more grit on the bottom six.

I think we can pencil in Pod. 

Miller                   Petey                  Boeser

?                          Bo                      Pod

Hoglander               ?                          ?

?                       ?                          ?

Meyers                Tryamkin

Schmidt                Hughes                   

OJ                        Rathbone

The second "Hughes ".

Players in system who will get a shot. Lind and Gadjovick.  Jasek is also playing well and his transition to center has made him more valuable. He has transitioned well.  Lind is also making strides at center.

It will take a couple of years to finish this but I think the future is very bright.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

19 minutes ago, IBatch said:

This team will never win a cup without a Mitchell/Murzyn type to counter QHs deficiencies.   

We won't win without a bottom six that will add some goals.  Motte we miss you - but what the heck AG and JV - wake up already. 

We won't win without a top ten goalie.  50/50 Demko will get there. 

What's wrong with enjoying the process? We have a lot of what we need to win too.   It's definitely not coaching.  Part of me wants to see TG fired just to watch us dive dive dive to the bottom.  Like we are anyways.   Usually teams like ours (not ready) at best get a modest boost at first - then right back to normal.   We aren't that good yet folks.   Yes we have a lot of Potential.   And yes we have a lot of cap space the next two years.   Easily filled right up.   However there is hope at least - and we need another high pick in the backend to boost us when these guys are in their prime.    Just saying it like it is.   A coach change isn't going to "magically " make us a contender.     

We need more top four D's.  Myers, Schmidt and Edler are not the issue.   The issue is we don't have more of those guys (yet).   Personally i'm done with Hutton, Stecher, Del Zotto types.    And no thanks to Rathbone - one undersized D is enough.   No thanks to Chatfield to replace Myers either -what a joke that would be.   Ugh.  Now i'm also freaking out lol. 

On freaking out.   Luck has more to do with NHL hockey then i'd like it to.  I don't like the cap - i don't like 32 diluted talented cap teams - expansion has killed so many franchises chances at ever winning and killed the golden era of NHL hockey which was 21-24 teams.   Rant over.

I like Rathbone.  He's a bulk up Quinn Hughes and will be another Calder trophy candidate. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Filthy McNasty said:

if you are wondering why our record is what it is, look at these bottom six stats, the work load is on the top 6 game in and game out 
Roussell - GP-23 G-1 A-2 PT-3 

Beagle - GP-24 G-1 A-4 PT-5

Gaudette - GP-20 G-2 A-0 PT-2

Virtanen - GP-19 G-1 A-0 PT-1

just for giggles 

SAM GAGNE - GP-16 G-4 A-2 PT-6

Gagme didnt do that with us so what does it matter.

Also if hes so great why is detroit in virtually the same spot as we are?

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EdgarM said:

......or what period the "Mish Mash" of lines gets deployed. 

I was amazed that Travis made to about 16 mins of the 3rd before reverting to the "regular" lines last game

I said over/under of 5:33 before Jake was back with Beagle

It took longer than I thought, but Ol Trav couldn't go full game wihtout reverting back to tried and true

• Like 1

REFEREES

Marc Joannette #25
MJ25.jpg
Kendrick Nicholson #30
KN30.jpg
Games ’20-21 18 18
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 63 / 8 62 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1380 / 168 333 / 0
First NHL Game 10/1/99 1/17/15
Birthplace Verdun, QC Milverton, ON

LINESMEN

Scott Cherrey #50
SC50.jpg
Kiel Murchison #79
KM79.jpg
Games ’20-21 19 18
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 62 / 19 64 / 17
Career Games (Reg/PO) 909 / 107 557 / 34
First NHL Game 10/6/07 1/21/13
Birthplace Drayton, ON Cloverdale, BC
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Convincing John said:

Nothing Jim Benning has done in the past, supports this agenda. The only time Benning moves cap is to receive cap. Everyone is all excited about all the extra cap space coming in the next 2 years but if we look at what he has done with cap in the past, you can bet your life he will use up every penny on day 1 of UFA. 

nah he sold bieska hansen  so thats totally not true  hes got a bunch of young stars  coming up rathbone lind woo lockwood  focht and some that need signing podkolzin mcdonagh  jasek  last yrs draft picks.  Tryamkin might be brought in to stabilize hughes and protect him and petey  as well. This teams  is almost ready for no free agents especially if we get a top 3 pick  one of clarke hughes or power  would  solve our d 

I don't want to dump on Bo, because he always works hard. But I think there needs to be a players only meeting. Clear the air. Admit everyone is frustrated. But they have to work together. And that means committing to playing better team defence. More pick your spots, and less run and gun. And don't worry about the pretty play. Just shoot. 

Stick with simple plays, crisp low risk passes. And work together. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

That's still more goals than Eichel, Hall and Skinner combined. We are bad but our top players are not Eichel/Hall/Skinner bad.

Another 1st overall pick for our expansion cousin - there goes our chance for our first ever 1st OA pick (smh).   All that talent, perhaps this is what happens when you build a roster like your building a roster in the playstation - very talented players but no idea how to win.  It seems both the Canucks & Sabres are cursed but atleast, they ve had there share of 1st OA's.

That Skinner contract - Yikes !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, bree2 said:

Hoglander is better than Jake on the first, i think Jake and Gaudette belong together

Hopefully "The Lazy Jake Trade" to the Ducks is concluded before game time and we can be spared the agony of watching him float thru another game.

On 2/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, bree2 said:

Hoglander is better than Jake on the first, i think Jake and Gaudette belong together

Would like to see the JV and Mac experiment continue cause Mac seems to have a nose for the net and JV likes shoting the puck towards the net.. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Jake dominated junior because of his physical advantages compared to his competition.  Problem with Jake is that alone isnt going to seperate from dedicated professional athletes. 

Second, Jake has had plenty of opportunity to play his game-hes been encouraged in public a number of times to play to his strengths which is to use his skating, size and shot.  No one expects him to make the type of high difficulty plays Miller does for example, so the idea he is being "pressured" to play a style he is uncomfortable with I don't really agree to. 

The Bo thing is just you graping at straws.  Hardly a knock against TG. 

Here is what I find funny about those that keep saying "Jake has had lots of chances"

Jannick Hansen played 11 years for the Canucks

He was basically a 3-4 liner

until year 10 when he played with  tthe Sedins

People say "Jannik can play up and down the line up" Like doing so is some rare skill.

And it is.

People say the same about Loui and Rooster, but in reality they cannot score 20ish goals on a top line, so they do not actually have the finish to perform at the top.

At the other end of the scale, if Brock or JT don't score for 5 games they cannot go play on the 3-4 line effectively.

So, playing "Up and Down the Line up" is a special skill.

If we all agree Jake is not a fast learner and has struggled to find his niche on the team,

Why do you who say he has been given many chances expect him to perform in a multi-dimensional roll "Up and Down" the line up?

• Cheers 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:33 AM, bree2 said:

Jake played an ok game but he hasn't scored either and imo Hoglander is better on Horvats line, i still say Jake is better with Gaudette, 

There are three goalies in the League with more points than Lazy Jake.  Does that tell you something ?

• Haha 2