Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Bo should be like Red Foreman!

 

 

:lol:

If you acted like Foreman these days you'd be persecuted to the ends of the earth for so many different reasons.   Doesn't mean he's wrong though..

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Grr - why is there no "delete post" option in edit?

Yeah i've needed they more then once ... heart doesn't listen to my brain sometimes 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

 

 

Hansen was an effective player bottom 6 player that earned a top 6 role later in his career with the Sedins.  And we all know how he earned it.  It's no secret formula-drive play and you'll get more ice time.  Same goes for Jake.

 

TG moved Brock down to the second and third line when he was struggling last season.  He came back strong this year but who knows where it could have went if he continued to struggle.  He was a topic of fan trade talk because of it.  Go ahead and put Miller on the 4th line and see what happens. You'd see him driving play that's for sure.  

 

If you are making the argument that Jake is a top 6 player only-ok then.  Let's ignore everything about Jakes play up to this point and just go with your argument he has been mis cast.  So this whole time he's been with the Canucks, TG has been out of his mind not playing him in the top 6 on a regular basis?  That's a good take, please I'd love to hear that one broached to other hockey minds.  Feel free to chime in people.

 

 

hahah

 yur funie

ur maybie yur Silly ya goose

yur mite be needed soem comprention 

cuz you jskinda twistie mi words backwerd and pertnedy you smaurtguy

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Oh my god.  Not helping the team?  What?  The back pressure alone this kid applies in creating turnovers is a huge asset.  For a young small rookie he gets in hard on the forecheck.  He executes high difficulty plays.  Probably one of the most consistent bright spots on this team and he is a rookie.  Baffling.

Hoggy 2 points in 10games

Canucks 2 wins in 13

theres a whole lotta not helping the team going around

or maybe your counting moral victories

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, appleboy said:

That is the conundrum. The entire team is under delivering. Is it just a weird year or is it coaching. Playing the same team over and over can effect match ups . 

Coz this useless coach doesn't know how to make adjustments as shown in the bubble last year.. same plan every game and beat ur head at it hoping it works 

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I just get this feeling that the problems go much deeper than just needing 1-2 better Dmen.

 

- Travis Green is trying to make losing acceptable - which is unacceptable. Maybe he's just trying to save his own job, saying things like "they're close to winning".

- Jim Benning screwed this team's cap, and here we are with aging, underperforming vets they can't trade.

- Bo Horvat needs to be a better captain. He says some nice stuff in his pressers, but I want to see passion on the ice. 

- Alex Edler needs to be a better veteran leader, and not shy away from the rough stuff when it occurs, especially when there are younger team mates on the ice. Also, 0 goals this year. 

Yup....yup...yup and yup.....sigh....

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xereau said:

200.gif

 

Was Bo Horvat blinking secret hostage messages in Morse code? This all feels so bloody wrong to me.

Yup so bloody wrong....TG is an idiot...and sadly Bo seems to have lost his way.....the Captain not showing much emotion or passion these days....

  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lmm said:

Hoggy 2 points in 10games

Canucks 2 wins in 13

theres a whole lotta not helping the team going around

or maybe your counting moral victories

It's not for a lack of effort. Hoggy Boar is always IN like a dirty shirt!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

This team will never win a cup without a Mitchell/Murzyn type to counter QHs deficiencies.   

 

We won't win without a bottom six that will add some goals.  Motte we miss you - but what the heck AG and JV - wake up already. 

 

We won't win without a top ten goalie.  50/50 Demko will get there. 

 

What's wrong with enjoying the process? We have a lot of what we need to win too.   It's definitely not coaching.  Part of me wants to see TG fired just to watch us dive dive dive to the bottom.  Like we are anyways.   Usually teams like ours (not ready) at best get a modest boost at first - then right back to normal.   We aren't that good yet folks.   Yes we have a lot of Potential.   And yes we have a lot of cap space the next two years.   Easily filled right up.   However there is hope at least - and we need another high pick in the backend to boost us when these guys are in their prime.    Just saying it like it is.   A coach change isn't going to "magically " make us a contender.     

 

We need more top four D's.  Myers, Schmidt and Edler are not the issue.   The issue is we don't have more of those guys (yet).   Personally i'm done with Hutton, Stecher, Del Zotto types.    And no thanks to Rathbone - one undersized D is enough.   No thanks to Chatfield to replace Myers either -what a joke that would be.   Ugh.  Now i'm also freaking out lol. 

 

On freaking out.   Luck has more to do with NHL hockey then i'd like it to.  I don't like the cap - i don't like 32 diluted talented cap teams - expansion has killed so many franchises chances at ever winning and killed the golden era of NHL hockey which was 21-24 teams.   Rant over.

Horvat and Pearson aren't helping a lot. I would have ran the same lines as last game.   

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Standings not looking too good...

 

As for me, I like the team. I think we make playoffs and compete for the cup. 

 

We're gonna need to go streaking. Win 6 in a row. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's not for a lack of effort. Hoggy Boar is always IN like a dirty shirt!

absolutely not questioning Hogs effort or anything else abut him.

I am questioning the Canucks developement plan

it seems to have failed where our boy Jake is concerned

and I am not liking seeing our newest Gem beaten up and not producing

Just because he started well does not mean he is ready for the NHL grind

So I am pointing out to Bree, who sometimes looks through rose coloured glass' or just makes things up,

that Our newest toy is in fact struggling and might need a hug or protection, or less minutes or some time in the minors or some other form of developement that is over and above what  the Green Monster and Jimmer have provided for our youth to date

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

This team will never win a cup without a Mitchell/Murzyn type to counter QHs deficiencies.   

 

We won't win without a bottom six that will add some goals.  Motte we miss you - but what the heck AG and JV - wake up already. 

 

We won't win without a top ten goalie.  50/50 Demko will get there. 

 

What's wrong with enjoying the process? We have a lot of what we need to win too.   It's definitely not coaching.  Part of me wants to see TG fired just to watch us dive dive dive to the bottom.  Like we are anyways.   Usually teams like ours (not ready) at best get a modest boost at first - then right back to normal.   We aren't that good yet folks.   Yes we have a lot of Potential.   And yes we have a lot of cap space the next two years.   Easily filled right up.   However there is hope at least - and we need another high pick in the backend to boost us when these guys are in their prime.    Just saying it like it is.   A coach change isn't going to "magically " make us a contender.     

 

We need more top four D's.  Myers, Schmidt and Edler are not the issue.   The issue is we don't have more of those guys (yet).   Personally i'm done with Hutton, Stecher, Del Zotto types.    And no thanks to Rathbone - one undersized D is enough.   No thanks to Chatfield to replace Myers either -what a joke that would be.   Ugh.  Now i'm also freaking out lol. 

 

On freaking out.   Luck has more to do with NHL hockey then i'd like it to.  I don't like the cap - i don't like 32 diluted talented cap teams - expansion has killed so many franchises chances at ever winning and killed the golden era of NHL hockey which was 21-24 teams.   Rant over.

Rathbone is 5'11" and 190 pounds. Could easily peak out at 6' and 195-200 pounds. I have high hopes for this fellow. I understand your point about another top 4 with size.  

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Maybe Bo is just really bad at math??:picard:

if I try 3 % harder and Boesy tries 3% harder and Hoggy tries 4% harder 

does that mean we tried 10% harderer?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

I meant in regards to this season only. Less about rebuilds and more about gagme stellar play lifting the wings to new heights.

Yes for sure i got that ... Gagne...the rebuild placeholder professional. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Rathbone is 5'11" and 190 pounds. Could easily peak out at 6' and 195-200 pounds. I have high hopes for this fellow. I understand your point about another top 4 with size.  

Hey for sure this is hockey and you just never know.   I have high hopes for both OJ and Woo too... Even Rafferty is highly regarded by some (Button) - all these guys are incredible athletes no doubt. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lmm said:

if I try 3 % harder and Boesy tries 3% harder and Hoggy tries 4% harder 

does that mean we tried 10% harderer?

Nah.   We need AG and JV and OJ to make the 10% ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lmm said:

absolutely not questioning Hogs effort or anything else abut him.

I am questioning the Canucks developement plan

it seems to have failed where our boy Jake is concerned

and I am not liking seeing our newest Gem beaten up and not producing

Just because he started well does not mean he is ready for the NHL grind

So I am pointing out to Bree, who sometimes looks through rose coloured glass' or just makes things up,

that Our newest toy is in fact struggling and might need a hug or protection, or less minutes or some time in the minors or some other form of developement that is over and above what  the Green Monster and Jimmer have provided for our youth to date

Jake's failures are all 100% on him, and no one else.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...