The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

54 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Coz this useless coach doesn't know how to make adjustments as shown in the bubble last year.. same plan every game and beat ur head at it hoping it works 

It's a team game.

It's a process.

Play in the system.

Our backs are against the wall.

They've got a pretty good team over there.

We've got no puck luck.

Yes, we have no bananas.

We have bananas today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xereau said:

Jake's failures are all 100% on him, and no one else.

I disagree

Jim

Willie

Beibs

J-Rod

Greenie

Jake

Newell

Jim

did I mention Jiim?

I think its Jim and then his buddy with the boat

and then Jim again

and then Aqua Velva

and more Jimmer

14 minutes ago, xereau said:

It's a team game.

It's a process.

Play in the system.

Our backs are against the wall.

They've got a pretty good team over there.

We've got no puck luck.

Yes, we have no bananas.

We have bananas today.

moving goalposts

goalie of the future

best 4th line center not in the league

someone else is interested in Luongo

goalie graveyard

its a process

we need to be 5-10% better

the banans have slight discolouration

2 hours ago, lmm said:

Here is what I find funny about those that keep saying "Jake has had lots of chances"

Jannick Hansen played 11 years for the Canucks

He was basically a 3-4 liner

until year 10 when he played with  tthe Sedins

People say "Jannik can play up and down the line up" Like doing so is some rare skill.

And it is.

People say the same about Loui and Rooster, but in reality they cannot score 20ish goals on a top line, so they do not actually have the finish to perform at the top.

At the other end of the scale, if Brock or JT don't score for 5 games they cannot go play on the 3-4 line effectively.

So, playing "Up and Down the Line up" is a special skill.

If we all agree Jake is not a fast learner and has struggled to find his niche on the team,

Why do you who say he has been given many chances expect him to perform in a multi-dimensional roll "Up and Down" the line up?

Good point and that goes for pretty much anyone who played with the Sedins and maybe why LE did not fair so well. Points is not as important as filling in for what the smaller, skilled players bring to the table. They compliment them

For the Sedins it was go to the dirty areas, fight along the boards, go to the net with your stick on the ice and they will do the rest. How did those same players do when they came off the Sedin line? I recall they were not as successful. 

Our top 6 require toughness, speed, aggressiveness, hitters, checkers and the odd big body to crash the net. I don't think we have any of that right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, xereau said:

Jake is a young player who was a high draft pick, why can't this Coach get the best out of his players? Its not like the skills are not there. I think if the Coach knew how to deploy him he could get a lot more from him , but what do I know. ::D

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Jake is a young player who was a high draft pick, why can't this Coach get the best out of his players? Its not like the skills are not there. I think if the Coach knew how to deploy him he could get a lot more from him , but what do I know. ::D

Probably more than coach Ghandi.

47 minutes ago, xereau said:

Agreed 100%.   After six years and so many chances in the top six ... if i was him i'd be fighting for my career at this point.   Motte and Hoglander.  If you can't figure out to use all your tools then at least hustle hustle hustle, hit hit hit.   JV might have been a completely different player if everyone passed on him in the first round - zero entitlement - and had to work for his minutes from the start.   At least the team figured it out - but not sure the WD damage ever repaired itself. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Good point and that goes for pretty much anyone who played with the Sedins and maybe why LE did not fair so well. Points is not as important as filling in for what the smaller, skilled players bring to the table. They compliment them

For the Sedins it was go to the dirty areas, fight along the boards, go to the net with your stick on the ice and they will do the rest. How did those same players do when they came off the Sedin line? I recall they were not as successful. 

Our top 6 require toughness, speed, aggressiveness, hitters, checkers and the odd big body to crash the net. I don't think we have any of that right now.

I think you have hit on the crux of the problem with this team of Jimmy's

It was said the Jimmeroo was a good judge of tallent, and that he would improve our drafting.

And in fact he has done that

what was not clear was whether Jimmy could actually build a team.

As we move deeper into the doldrums of Jimmer's team building we see less and less complimentry pieces but contiunue to add skill.

when Hughes arrived we still had Tanev, Tanev complimented Hughes' style and visa versa

so what happens next?

Jim lets Tanev walk and brings in Schmidty, Schmidty is closer to Hughes than he is to Tanev , and he brought in Myers. All 3 of those players could use a player more like Tanev to compliment their style

the same seem true at forward

5 of the top 11 scorers have more goals than assists, including Brandon Sutter at 6-0. I do not think it is a great stretch to say that these players are not the best at complinting their line mates.

Most teams have one or two, but the Canucks have 9. that to me is a tream not built to compliment each other

• Like 1