The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

51 minutes ago, appleboy said:

They back loaded his deal so that he can easily be bought out. Now if he had a good year then next years price would be fine. I have been super hard on Jims contracts but this one actually makes sense to me. 

I think they did their due diligence to trade him last year but their was no takers. They tried before they resigned him.

If they buy him out in the off season it will put $50,000 against next year and $500,000 the next.  

Also backloaded to make him less attractive to Seattle if left unprotected 

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Jakes had soo many opportunities...hes done.

Its time too Trade his bitch ass 

Then why resign him knowing we could of kept tofu.  Awesome management there.  We lose players for free...... 

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Let's see how this new look on the PP does. Although, I would've like to see Boeser and Pettersson on their off wing to get the one-time shot.

They need to set up BOTH guys, often, instead of almost always just Elias. In fact, Brock should just rip it from anywhere.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Let's see how this new look on the PP does. Although, I would've like to see Boeser and Pettersson on their off wing to get the one-time shot.

I dunno if a PP spit-shine is going to be enough. If they can get it deep and play hard the PP will follow suit.

:bigblush:

57 minutes ago, appleboy said:

They back loaded his deal so that he can easily be bought out. Now if he had a good year then next years price would be fine. I have been super hard on Jims contracts but this one actually makes sense to me. 

I think they did their due diligence to trade him last year but their was no takers. They tried before they resigned him.

If they buy him out in the off season it will put $50,000 against next year and $500,000 the next.  

Good take