The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

29 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

We will see what we have in this group.  They are rested, their schedule gets less compressed, they are relatively healthy and their backs are against the wall.  

Put up or....

No rookies in the D core playing tonight, lets see how they do - three of them are FA in the end of the season..

11 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

You can tell he is a people person. He probably has more impact off ice and in the locker room than he does in the games. He might be more of the glue that holds this team together like Marky was. 

You mean ... like foundational glue?

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

A former #11 (I won't speak his name because it's like saying Beetlejuice three times!) was more like *sniffing* glue.:P

He sure made a Mess of the locker room!

• Cheers 1

No OJ again?

I've watched every game, at least in parts, since the early 90's when we used to host Canucks watch parties back in the dorms.

I am seriously thinking about not watching this team again until Green and his sycophants are gone.

I cancelled my SNET NOW sub last game. Total withdrawal is the next logical step, I suppose.

Frankie boy sure is lucky there aren't fans in the stands.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Disappointed OJ has been benched again. Thought he played well enough to earn a spot.

Yeah but this staff, is very hesitant to sit any high minute eaters in the d core over a rookie who perhaps should stay in (deployment and game day rosters are still dependent on the staff).  At the very least, if the d core struggles tonight there is no rookie to bench and a good chance OJ/another rookie gets a shot.   Also, three of those guys are FA and imo, they should all walk or get offered a one year take it or leave deal to play bottom pairing with hopefully, a different staff who would be more willing to sit a struggling vet.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, xereau said:

No OJ again?

I've watched every game, at least in parts, since the early 90's when we used to host Canucks watch parties back in the dorms.

I am seriously thinking about not watching this team again until Green and his sycophants are gone.

I cancelled my SNET NOW sub last game. Total withdrawal is the next logical step, I suppose.

Frankie boy sure is lucky there aren't fans in the stands.

If this d pairings plays poorly, then there is a good chance a rookie gets in and a vet sits - more than likely (based on this staffs past tendency), it is Benn/Hamonic since they are lower in the depth chart.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

30 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

You can tell he is a people person. He probably has more impact off ice and in the locker room than he does in the games. He might be more of the glue that holds this team together like Marky was. 

Lots of respect for Sutter. A lot of those interviews are cringeworthy for the players. The same mindless questions. If I was a player I would refuse interviews. Have another beer until the media leaves. 

2 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Yea, someone needs to explain to me why Hoglander of all people is being demoted.

because it worked so good for Miller

He scored a hat....

no wait 

we got shut out

Um Cuz 

I could have worked for Miller

it is difficult and kind of bad for you to try and understand the thinking of someone with no real plan

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think Green is trying to generate some offence from the bottom 6, and showcasing Virtanen in a spot where he might succeed and produce, meaning his trade value goes up.

It has nothing to do with Green being unsatisfied with Hogz

so, what you are saying is that if Jake goes on a one game scoring streak there will be a line up for his services?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lmm said:

so, what you are saying is that if Jake goes on a one game scoring streak there will be a line up for his services?

Yes, this is the 1970's and teams know nothing of his disappearing acts because they get all their scouting footage from the 11 o'clock news. :bigblush:

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

two games ago Horvat had a couple of  hits and i think 5 shots on goal, last game no shots on goal with Hoglander not on that line. so what are we trying to do, showcase Jake to see if he scores a goal or try to win games?

I think that is what is called "Correlation, not Causation"

it is not raining today, and the Canucks will not lose today, ergo the Canucks never lose on days when its not raining.

If Bo needs Hoggy on his line to hit the Canucks are in a whole heap of trouble.

Bo like all canucks play well one day and not the next that is the identity of this team, the identity of Bo's team, and Greens team, and Jim's team

One would hope that the Captain would make the players around him better, not the reverse

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1