The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Lots of respect for Sutter. A lot of those interviews are cringeworthy for the players. The same mindless questions. If I was a player I would refuse interviews. Have another beer until the media leaves. 

They're required to do them. Its part of their contract. 

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Forget the month of February and focus on a new, fresh month. Need to dig deep and find a way to win this one. Let’s go boys! GCG!

I have my finger on the pulse of this team,

I aam hoping we win the first

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Hogs has got good energy but thus far hasn't figured out how to get results. Hopefully he doesn't turn into another Mason Raymond.  Speed and flair but no finish.  That being said I did like seeing him on Pettersons line and  Virt with Horvat. Virtanen had a noticeable impact on the game, though consistentcy is always a problem for him so there is no guarantee he'll keep it up.

I was thinking Brandon Reid

5 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Glue is typically not adequate for structural adhesion. You need some sort of mechanical fastener in combination with the glue....just saying...::D

Hey, I thought concrete glue was used in construction for gluing metal to concrete?!  But what do I know? I'm only an armchair builder of hockey teams, not buildings. :P

29 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Narrowing down some excuses:

Rested - check 

practiced - check

no reverse retro jerseys - check

Revised PP - check

pending excuses:

Motte still injured

big heavy team over there

liked how we played, thought we had some good looks.

Also, no rookies in the D core and only in the forward groups

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm seriously wondering if this is something that Green holds dearly inside and uses against younger players because he never became the player he thought he'd be in the NHL. There seems to be a pattern where he doesn't allow a player to have the opportunity to give it all they got. And yeah, it's always on the player to take advantage of their situation, but, if someone is micro-managing you, then obviously it becomes another issue.

Green (perhaps unknowingly) plays these mind games with these rookies and only the swedes seems to not be affected by it: EP and Hoggy cause those two came in and earned it from there first shifts (which is the right way to do it).  Perhaps, in time this is the right approach in player development but his deployment has to also reflect this by rolling four lines instead of having a specific roles with each...

Just based on his tendency with his deployment, he seems to have his untouchables and the usual suspects to get benched....

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 4